i live in sisquoc,, ca
corkyray

i live in sisquoc, ca zip 93454-9631. verizon built a brand new cell tower about a half a mile from my house. construction was complete back in january.

still have no service. sisquoc is a small town about 10 miles east of santa maria ca. using a signal booster to get service in my house. as soon as i go outside, nothing. I CAN SEE THE TOWER FROM MY FRONT DOOR! the tower is on foxen canyon rd. switched from att to verizon when i saw the tower being built. talked to several of my neighbors, we were excited to see the new tower, but we are getting nothing out of it all we get is a view of a fake pine tree. there was a couple of tech at the tower back in march. i talked to them, they told me service would be on in about a month. it is now july. when are you planning to turn the tower on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i live in sisquoc,, ca
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

corkyray,

Hey, thanks for giving that a try. I took a detailed look at the Sisquoc area to see if we can get an idea of what exact coverage that we have there. Taking a look there are going to be some extended network areas and even spots of no service. An extended network would mean that the cellular service would be operated by a partner carrier and this can certainly cause your device to drop to 3G in this particular location. To ensure that your device is attempting to to connect to all available networks here we can check to see if the data roaming setting is enabled? Are you familiar with where that setting is located? If not, may we please have the device model?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Corkyray, I cam image the area out in Sisquoc, Ca is very beautful being out in the country. I apologize for the service issues with your signal booster and I'd like to assist you! Are you using our Network Extender? If so, is it configured correctly with your ISP? Please use this link to help you with our network extender http://tiny.cc/xtre0x . Post back with the results.

EdwinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corkyray

signal booster is wilson electronics d8 pro model # 271265. when im in range of booster i get 5 bars, stays that way thru the call. when out of range of booster, phone shows 5 bars then when i dial number and hit call button 5 bars drops to zero bars and call does not go thru. some of my neighbors have same problem. data seems to work ok, just voice. i have samsung galaxy s4. neighbors have different phones but have exact same problem on voice calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated corkyray. We always want you to receive the best service e possible. I am glad to hear your signal improves when in range of your Network Extender. However, it does sound like we have some opportunities in your area. Has it always been this way? How far do you have to travel before your service improves? Try powering your phone off, removing your sim card briefly and powering your phone back on.  Wireless devices use radio transmissions; therefore many factors can play a part in how your device receives our signals. Some factors include terrain, foliage, weather and buildings. Different devices will receive our signal differently.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corkyray

tried the thing with the sim card powered up still have same problem. new cell tower is one half mile east from my house . clear view of tower from my house, flat ground, no obstructions. have to go about 3 miles west toward santa maria (where all the towers are except the new one) to get a decent signal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

corkyray,

Hey, thanks for giving that a try. I took a detailed look at the Sisquoc area to see if we can get an idea of what exact coverage that we have there. Taking a look there are going to be some extended network areas and even spots of no service. An extended network would mean that the cellular service would be operated by a partner carrier and this can certainly cause your device to drop to 3G in this particular location. To ensure that your device is attempting to to connect to all available networks here we can check to see if the data roaming setting is enabled? Are you familiar with where that setting is located? If not, may we please have the device model?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corkyray

i have a samsung galaxy s4. screen shows 4g service and works fine for data. before new tower was built, santa barbara county planning commission notice at the site had both verizon and att on it. just voice calls not working is the problem. how can we be in extended service area when we are only one half mile from the new tower? flat ground and no obstructions between us and the new tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi corkyray!

I undersand your discontent and realize the importance of having operable service! Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you unable to make all calls or specific calls? Are you having trouble receiving calls as well? I will be sending you a Private Message within the next 2-3 minutes.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corkyray

unable to send or receive calls. ihave 5bars  until i press the call button then it drops to zero bars.

0 Likes