iPhone 5/4G..Fingers crossed
suggestionbox

I know I can't get an answer to the question of whether the iPhone 5 will support 4G for Verizon so I am just putting in my two cents worth.  If you have ANY pull with Apple what-so-ever PLEASE ask them to include 4G support for the iPhone 5!  Really wanting and waiting for the iPhone 5 with 4G but not wanting it bad enough to wait another year.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5/4G..Fingers crossed
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

No one that can answer that question will.  Period.  I would speculate that I doubt it, though.  Apple always tends to be a year or two behind the latest network tech, as they like to be on a fully flushed-out technology, not the cutting edge, so they can (supposedly) give the user the best experience possible.  If you recall, the original iPhone came out on AT&T with EDGE support only, despite the fact that 3G had been available on AT&T for over a year.  I'm a Droid fanboy (so take this for what it's worth), so I suggest going Droid and not looking back.  I sincerely doubt you will regret it.

0 Likes
suggestionbox

Well, you are probably right.  I have a sinking feeling that I will be buying something other than the iPhone because it won't have 4G support.  I have been doing A LOT of comparing and I was real close to getting the Thunderbolt but it is just so big and the battery life is not so great.  I really am open minded to something Droidish but every time I compare them side by side I always find myself liking the iPhone better.  Wow...such hard decisions to make!

0 Likes
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

I understand your position, suggestion.  I have my...feelings about iPhone and the entire iOS ethos, which means that that particular platform will never win out in my mond, but I can see how someone might think differently.

Just remember that no matter what you choose, you are never truly 'stuck' with that choice.  Sure, it can be (very) expensive to get out of a bad decision (read $500 or more), but you can always go to a new phone! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
suggestionbox

Point well taken.  My problem is that I am frugal AND cautious which makes for twice the indecisiveness, which is not a good thing when technology changes so fast.  Guess I will wait for the iPhone 5 in June/July (maybe) and see if it has 4G support.  If not...I guess I will be supporting either another platform or another carrier.

0 Likes