is there a way to switch off 4g temporarily ?
blondiex
is there a way to switch off 4g temporarily ?  my pantech uml 290 modem drops sessions and i wonder if it is because i am in a weak area without 4g.  i'm hoping if i "turn off" 4g the 3g might be more stable ??
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is there a way to switch off 4g temporarily ?
budone
Legend

I found this.

3G Mode Pantech uml290

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

blondiex wrote:
is there a way to switch off 4g temporarily ?  my pantech uml 290 modem drops sessions and i wonder if it is because i am in a weak area without 4g.  i'm hoping if i "turn off" 4g the 3g might be more stable ??

Below are the instructions to set your modem to 3G-only mode:

Open VZAccess Manager with your card inserted, but do NOT connect to the internet.

Hold Control + D on your keyboard.

You will be prompted to enter a password. Enter diagvzw.

Select "settings" from the menu.

In the for preferred operating mode section, select Auto CDMA Then click OK.

Your modem will now only connect to the 3G network. Just remember that you will need to manually change it if you travel to an area where you want to connect to the 4G network (if available).

We trust that you find the above instructions helpful.

0 Likes
blondiex

To:  AntonioC_VZWSupport, thanks for your response--the fix works on my vzam 2642d.  do you know if this menu (ctrl-d plus pw of diagvzw) is still available in the new vzam and firmware (just released around april 7--7.6.3.4(2642j) ??  i'm hesitant to install the new vzam if the menu you mentioned is not available. thanks.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

blondiex wrote:

To:  AntonioC_VZWSupport, thanks for your response--the fix works on my vzam 2642d.  do you know if this menu (ctrl-d plus pw of diagvzw) is still available in the new vzam and firmware (just released around april 7--7.6.3.4(2642j) ??  i'm hesitant to install the new vzam if the menu you mentioned is not available. thanks.

The process should work on the your later VZAM version. I have checked my resources and found no indication of the ctrl-d process not being available on VZAM version 7.6.3.4(2642j).

Additionally, please ensure that you have the latest firmware available for your device. You can check for firmware updates if you open VZAccess Manager and plug in your Pantech UML290, then click Options > Upgrade Firmware. If a new Firmware upgrade is available, the installation will be initiated and will take a few minutes.

0 Likes