locked out of our network extender
LindaS42022

Our network extender is on closed mode.   My phone detects the network extender but says my Simm card is not authorized to access it.  I went to "manage devices" on the verizon.com website and it says no access list is assigned to my network extender.  I can neither edit the assigned list nor change my network extender to open or hybrid mode.  It says my changes cannot be saved or something about a system error.  I even did a factory reset on the network extender itself hoping I could get it back to open mode at the very least.  We have virtually no service, which is why we have the extender.  I spent an hour online with tech support and they said it could take 48-72 hours before anyone got to the problem.  Wow!  48-72 hours with no service!!!

0 Likes
Re: locked out of our network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Linda. You have come to the right place. We would be more than happy to assist you with your Network Extender. Please message us directly to get started. 

*Carl

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@LindaS42022 wrote:

Our network extender is on closed mode.   My phone detects the network extender but says my Simm card is not authorized to access it.  I went to "manage devices" on the verizon.com website and it says no access list is assigned to my network extender.  I can neither edit the assigned list nor change my network extender to open or hybrid mode.  It says my changes cannot be saved or something about a system error.  I even did a factory reset on the network extender itself hoping I could get it back to open mode at the very least.  We have virtually no service, which is why we have the extender.  I spent an hour online with tech support and they said it could take 48-72 hours before anyone got to the problem.  Wow!  48-72 hours with no service!!!

Did it ever work for you?  How did it get into Closed mode?  You might need to get a knowledgeable agent on the phone at 800-922-0204 to remove/re-register your extender on your account.  You might also try 888-262-1999 where I've found agents able to help with network extenders.  Just go thru the options and say network extender. Good luck.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to Verizon.  We are here and available to assist you with all of your questions and cocerns.  Please do send us a PM so we can help.

*Theresa

0 Likes