network issues
Xennus

Since I've been home I have had network issues.  I am normally on 4g here but right now I am on 1x.  I tried sending a text and it won't let me.  I'm in the DC area.  Are there problems with the network today?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: network issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Don't you mean 1x speeds? EDGE doesn't exist on Verizon Wireless's network. That is a GSM term.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Xennus

sorry for improper word but yes that is what I meant.  

thanks for your help

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Xennus,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the network issues that you have been experiencing. I have checked and there hasn't been any reported issues in the Washington D.C. area. May I ask how many bars of signal are you showing? Also, have you done a battery pull? If so, what was the signal still at 1x? If you are still having signal issues then you can send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, & a contact number so I can further investigate. In your message, please include a brief summary of the experience that you are having with your device. For example, dropped call or slow data speeds. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Xennus

Thanks for your response.  I have 4g again now.  On the 12th the Chief of Police in DC posted on the community list serve about damage to verizon equipment.  I'm thinking maybe that had something to do with it.  Right after that 4g started working again.  She didn't say if it was wireless or home but the timing matches.

0 Likes