outage 10941?
ih8f0nes

I have had very poor cell service for the last several weeks.  I have never had a problem in the past.  Is there an outage or another reason for the weak signal?  (zip code area 10941 )  I did contact Verizon through chat.  As per instructed...removed SIM card and replaced, reset the phone (iPhone 7).  Verizon rep then said I should stand by a window and that would help.  Really?!  I need a cellphone service that works.  I am ready to move on to another server.  

0 Likes
Re: outage 10941?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I rely on my phone as well and we certainly don't want to see you leave. We appreciate your efforts to research this issue and I'd be happy to help. There are no alerts for your area. Do other Verizon users in the area also have a similar experience with service? Does your service improve outside of the 10941 zip code?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
ih8f0nes

Lorenzo,   Thank you for your reply.  My phone service is fine in other areas.  I do not know if other Verizon customers are having a similar problem.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ih8f0nes,

Getting you the best possible service is always our priority. Thank you so much for all the information you've provided. Is this issue only happening when you're indoors or is it an issue when you go outside as well? How far do you get from home before the issue improves?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
ih8f0nes

Andrew,  The weak signal seems to be specific to my building/apartment complex and has just recently been an issue.  I get a very strong and usable signal about 1/10th of a mile from my home in all directions.  I have been with Verizon for quite a few years without complaint or problems with service.  Thank you for your response.

0 Likes