"Grandfathered" Unlimited Data gone
squish8480
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make sure you get your complimentary one month of free service from Verizon if you had your grandfathered unlimited data taken away.  They will also give you 30 days to return your phone and restore you unlimited data contract.  The best way to go about keeping your unlimited data is to buy your phone from Best Buy at full retail price and do the 18 months no interest financing.  Will only run you about $30 a month and you wont be tied into a contract.  Don't let Verizon profit from selling you a subsidized phone.   

Also forming a contractual law suit against Verizon.  If you feel you were not made aware by Verizon customer service when upgrading that you would lose your unlimited data, then feel free to reach out to me.  I have a video recording of both a best buy/Verizon store upgrade experience without being made aware that our unlimited data was being taken away.      Also have false information given to me via verizon customer service online chat. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Grandfathered" Unlimited Data gone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Return policy is 14 days not 30. A customer would also have to specifically request a restoration of the inactive pricing within 14 days of the purchase if a device was returned and to restore the upgrade eligibility.

If you want the reps to give you accurate information, perhaps you should have your facts straight as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
squish8480
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you call verizon executive customer service, they will give you up to 30 days actually.  I just want to make sure everybody is getting the same treatment. 

0 Likes
squish8480
Enthusiast - Level 2

They also offered to credit us for the trade in that was done at Best Buy since they would be unable to recover the phone that was traded in for a free iphone 5 upgrade.  Essentially, they offered us a $150 credit. 

0 Likes