"Plan Rate Adjustment" = "Verizon Cash Grab"
Printninja
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is just an obnoxious cash grab by Verizon. It's part of their "bait and switch" advertising. They get people to switch from other providers by advertising one price, and then once you're signed up, they tack on arbitrary fees like "Plan Rate Adjustment." It basically translates to, "we want more money, so we're going to pad your bill and expect you to just pay it without question."

I've been with Verizon for well over 20 years, and this is how loyalty is treated. Last month I called them and complained and they removed the $6.00 fee. I told them I didn't want to see it again if they wanted to keep me a customer. Now, this month, it's right back on my bill. I guess they want to lose customers.

It's one thing to tell people up front, "operating costs are increasing, and we're forced to raise the price on our older plans." It's entirely different to just add fees to a bill with no warning or explanation, or to plaster the internet with ads for "$30 a month per line" but it's actually $66 a month when you get the bill.

This is the new corporate ethos in America, and it's sickening. It's purely a numbers game. Lure people in, and them treat them like garbage.

I have owned a website company for the last 12 years, and I have NEVER raised a clients monthly fee without contacting them first to tell them why, and offer them options. In fact, I have clients who've been with me for over 20 years, and I WOULDN'T raise their prices simply because I appreciate their loyalty!

That's how you build loyalty and get more customers, not by playing "bait and switch" games.

Anyone got the number for Mint Mobile?

Re: "Plan Rate Adjustment" = "Verizon Cash Grab"
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue as well.  We sign up for a 2-3 year "Contract" and if we "break that contract" we're penalized.  Verizon signed on to that contract too, and not to raise rates in the middle of the "contract"  It's truly a one-sided game. 

0 Likes
Re: "Plan Rate Adjustment" = "Verizon Cash Grab"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Afternoon! We are happy to take a look into this further for you. We never want you to feel this way. Can you please send us a Private Note, so we can chat? 

*Candice

0 Likes