"""Unlimited""" data
BetterServicePlease
Enthusiast - Level 2

(Even the forum barely works, using this is a nightmare...)

I work remotely and recently moved to a place where they're working on the roads nearby, causing frequent internet outages. I thought upgrading my plan and using my phone's mobile data would be a good workaround, and at first it seemed to be, but I foolishly thought "Unlimited" meant the data would not be limited. The amount of data is not limited, but the speeds are, and very much so. After about a week or so, I got throttled to a painful crawl that makes work all but impossible. I almost can't even access my own Verizon account when I'm using my data.

I would love an actual unlimited plan, and for the amount I'm paying, it should be. I would love to email Verizon and work this out privately, but there is no customer service email. The more I try to resolve the issue, the more issues I discover. It takes an incredible lack of interest in the customer to be this useless. As soon as I work something else out, I'm canceling my account. Companies like Verizon are focused on milking customers for all they're worth rather than providing them with what they think they're paying for. Long term, this is not sustainable, and I look forward to when a better solution replaces them.

Good riddance.

0 Likes
Re: """Unlimited""" data
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe after you've been with a new service provider for awhile, you'll come back here and post your experience.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: """Unlimited""" data
BetterServicePlease
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to OTR mobile for data and lowered my Verizon data as much as possible. So far it's been much more reliable, although I did have to purchase a separate mobile hotspot device. I'll probably end up moving somewhere with fiber within the next couple of years, but for now this is at least good enough for me to do my job without dropping out during video calls.

0 Likes