slow data after switching to unlimited
DONFOS90
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just switched to unlimited because we were trending over each month but I'm worried we made a mistake as the data is slow/unusable.   My kids are complaining instagram isn't loading for them..       Why would I pay more for a plan only to have slow data...    Is it not the same network?  Do you switch unlimited people to a substandard network? Whats up?   I don't want an unlimited amount of slow data for more money.

Labels (1)
Re: slow data after switching to unlimited
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan did you switch to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONFOS90, as a mother of 3, I know that if those web pages are not loading my children would certainly be distraught. We are certainly glad to look into this experience. Do you notice that this happens at specific times of day or certain locations? Which unlimited plan did you select? What make and model phones are experiencing this?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONFOS90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its an Iphone 7 purchased in dec (not a phone issue, a plan issue.   We chose the cheaper unlimited plan but honestly we were only going over by a gig or so on the lg plan.      If this a congestion thing,    I don't want to have to pay double for the more expensive plan if I can go back to getting priority data on the 8GB lg plan..  

You should price the cheaper unlimited plan appropriately if the 8GB lg plan is getting priority in times of congestion.   or a least start the throttling at 8GBs.

bud1lite
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched and immediately the same thing has happened to ours.always 4g before.now it goes to 1x,3g,4g....within minutes of switching plans.this sucks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The iPhone 7 is an awesome phone and I agree DONFOS90, it's not a phone issue because the difference in plans can cause your speeds to be slower depending on which plan you choose. With the Go-Unlimited plan, in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Here is a link with additional information https://vz.to/2wpJGOU

. With our Beyound Unlimited Data plan, you have better data speeds because each line is allowed 22 GB of data in the bill cycle before speeds are slower than other traffic in times of congestion. Here is a link with more inforamtion http://spr.ly/6584Dk78k . If you need a plan that doesn't slow down your data speeds during times of congestion or after 22gb per line being used, the tiered data plan would work best for you. You can also have your family use wifi as much as possible to help with excessive data usage on our Unlimited Data Plan. 

I hope this information is helpful. Do you have any other questions about our tiered data plans or unlimited data plans?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

DONFOS90 wrote:

Its an Iphone 7 purchased in dec (not a phone issue, a plan issue. We chose the cheaper unlimited plan but honestly we were only going over by a gig or so on the lg plan. If this a congestion thing, I don't want to have to pay double for the more expensive plan if I can go back to getting priority data on the 8GB lg plan..

You should price the cheaper unlimited plan appropriately if the 8GB lg plan is getting priority in times of congestion. or a least start the throttling at 8GBs.

You can choose to have your data start being throttled after 8GB if you so choose on your old plan. This is called safety mode. You can switch back to a tiered data plan and activate safety mode. Then you will have unthrottled data up until 8 GB and then throttled data for anything above that and you won't be charged for any overages.

NYJU03
Enthusiast - Level 1

"You can also have your family use wifi as much as possible to help with excessive data usage on our Unlimited Data Plan"

isnt this the point of having the unlimited data plan? i ask because i have the same issue with an iphone 7 plus. i was doing fine until i "upgraded" to go unlimited.

Gavioli
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel you. To say that unlimited speeds have slowed to a crawl would be a joke. Most of the time, even with full bars of service, my phone still has upload and download speeds slower that 1 Mbps. HOW IS THAT EVEN 4G?! I usually have to wait about ten minutes for any page or vidoe to load, just to have it freeze or load incorrectly! The only reason my household got the unlimited plan was to avoid having to spend so much on getting faster Wi-Fi, but so far that is the only thing that works. I would be extremely glad to switch to some other carrier if it means faster streaming or any loading at all. And NO, it's not different when I go outside, or at any different times of the day. It's always at the same crippling speed no matter how many apps I remove and features I disable on my phone. In all I'm just extremely upset with the way Verizon is acting like they are actually doing something to fix this problem. If nothing is actually done SOON, I'm switching my carrier. (My plan also is supposed to by UNLIMITED, UNTHROTTLED, 4G LTE)

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The plan is for unlimited data not unlimited speed. Which plan do you have? Are you using it for a hotspot?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.