slow speeds ... wonder if the towers are having some problems
sandjstafford

Over the last month in the Perry Ga, Marshallville Ga area the speeds on all 3 of my phones have been getting slower and slower.  It is very hard to flip through email or any social media without it spinning and timing out.  Kids are starting school today and they use their phones for some school activates through apps for school classes, research problems or looking up and downloading assignments or schedules for sports or band.  Does anyone know what has happened.  Verizon has always been so reliable with speeds.  But now we can go from having some connection to having none.  It doesn't matter if we are inside or outside. zip codes are 31069 and 31030. We have toggled between LTE on and off.  I know that my phone is older... I have an iPhone 6, but the other 2 iPhone are not old and they are iPhone X.  We have not had any problem before.... I have reset the network connections on the phone and that didn't seem to help either.   frustrated....  Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: slow speeds ... wonder if the towers are having some problems
JOSBAG4

I have had a similar problem. I live in Hugo, Oregon, zipcode is 97526, and have had NO data access for over a month, until around 8pm, then everything magically works. I tried talking to chat, they ignore me and tell me it's my phone. Well, I never had a problem with my phone connecting before. Then they tell me it's because I've been deprioritized because I'm at 74+gen. Well MY PERSONAL LINE is only at 5.51gb because I can't use my data, so that isn't it either. What's going on? I don't want to have verizon if they can't provide me the service they've always provided me with before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandjstafford, slow speeds are the worst. This will always ruin the day, and it is important for us to get your speeds back up and running, so you can stay connected and have your kids be able to keep up with all of their school work and activities. You have done a great job with all the troubleshooting you have done. We are here to help and will find you a resolution for your slow speeds. The great news is there are not any types of service alerts in your area. What happens when you use the other services (calls and texts)? Are other customers not on your account having the same issue? How far do you have to go from this area to get normal speeds?

Santo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSBAG4, we never want you to experience problems with your cellular service and we want to do all we can to assist you. I'm not showing any network issues in your area. When did you first start noticing this issue? What data speeds do you experience before and after 8PM so we can get idea of the difference?

Jesus_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sandjstafford

From this morning until right now.... here are the speeds... very slow...

Jennifer

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandjstafford, we are sorry to read that you are still having problems with your speed. Let's do some troubleshooting steps and get your speeds up to normal again. Here is a link with the troubleshooting steps, just choose the "Data connection is slow" to start:   https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-x-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MQA92LL%252FA&...

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
sandjstafford

I’m not sure that the link is a valid link...  I keep getting the error “An unexpected error has occurred” when I click on the included link.

Jennifer

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies for it not going through like we'd anticipated. Let's try that again. Like before, use the "Data connection is slow"  steps.

http://spr.ly/6582DQTO8
David_VZW

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

sandjstafford wrote:

I’m not sure that the link is a valid link... I keep getting the error “An unexpected error has occurred” when I click on the included link.

The link works for me; you have to log into the forum and click from the post.  If you attempt to click the link from an e-mail notice of the post, you'll encounter an error.

0 Likes