swapping service between data cards
canooten

I have a Pantech and a Novatel data card....both of which have been used on the same data account (Novatel is currently in use). 

Is swapping service for this account back to the Pantech as easy as switching the SIM card, or is there more involved? 

The SIM currently used in the Novatel is not the original from the Pantech....I was given a different one for that if it matters.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: swapping service between data cards
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

On 4G devices yes it is as easy as switching the SIM card. The device boots with the SIM card data settings that have been provisioned on it.

If you want to CHANGE the plan you can do so on vzw.com my account and do it yourself or call tech support and based on the SIM card serial # (phone # attached to it, same thing) they will change what-ever plan is on it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

On 4G devices yes it is as easy as switching the SIM card. The device boots with the SIM card data settings that have been provisioned on it.

If you want to CHANGE the plan you can do so on vzw.com my account and do it yourself or call tech support and based on the SIM card serial # (phone # attached to it, same thing) they will change what-ever plan is on it.

0 Likes
canooten

That's what I needed, thanks. 

No changes needed on the plan, I just want to be able to use either card if f needed.  Sometimes the MiFi is sufficient, but other times I had rather use the Pantech with my Nexaira router....helps if I have more machines that need a connection or I need more reliable VPN connections.

Thanks again.

0 Likes