Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upgrade from s8 to s22
doogie63

I have an S8 now and would like to upgrade to an S22. When I look at doing that it wants me to upgrade my data plan to 5G which costs more. I would like to buy my phone and keep the data plan I have now. I know it does not have 5g but really don't care about the speed. Not worth the price. I mostly use my phone at home on my home network, so I don't need the over price 5g. So, I would like to buy an S22 off the internet and just switch out my sim card. would that work or would they force me to get 5g?

0 Likes
Re: upgrade from s8 to s22
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

doogie63,

Making sure you have a plan that makes sense for your phone is crucial. We don't want you to have any issues. 5G phones do require a plan which supports 5G, but we can help find the best fit for you. What plan do you currently have?

-Andrew

0 Likes
Re: upgrade from s8 to s22
doogie63

Wrong S22 does not require 5G plan. Work fine with my 4G plan. Yes, with a 5G plan it would have faster speeds when it found a 5G location. Still, plenty of areas in the US that don't have 5G that why it will work fine with 4G. 

I have 4G plan and it's working fine. Tech even told me I would be able to use it on my 4G plan. So need to upgrade to 5G more expensive plan. Plus, I mainly use the phone at home on home internet. 

0 Likes