verizone wireless uml290 lte
alshawwa

hello

i upgraded my verizon wireless uml290 usb

i installed the new verizon access manager and everything looked fine

then as the usual i hit connect then it connects

but i cant browse the web or do anything

at the bottom is says conencted - dormant , and sometimes connected but still no real connection i cant browse , i tried it on 4 different machines , windows 7 windows xp vista and a linux box

i got into verizon diagnoses tools ctrl+d and and play with the settings but still no luck

any clues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizone wireless uml290 lte
T-bolt_Camb

Hello,  Did you get a new SIM with the device?   And possibly a new phone number?   You may see a menu item regarding "activattion".  Otherwise call in to have your SIM and device activated.     Probably easier to call.   You may need to provide the IMEI number, etc.  that came on the label of the box your 4G device. You can also find them in the  Options-Diagnostics menu of the Vzam window. 

0 Likes
alshawwa

thanks for your reply , its already activated and i activated it 2 or 3 times and still the same problem

0 Likes
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

You can look to see if you have an IP address and a DNS server address when vzam says your are connected.   You can do it with the shortcuts in the Diagnostics menu of VZam.  or via the Control Panel - Network - Adapters -  right mouse - status -details.   If those look filled in - then  run the following  in a command box    ipconfig /flushdns - 

then type  ping yahoo.com - if you get a reply, you browser should work,  or your browser settings need to be changed.

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

VL_600 that is actually not currect, it should be, but with the LTE network it's not.  You may be able to ping anything without actually having ability to browse to webpages or download/upload any data.  Its the underlying problem with the LTE network that they haven't been able to fix.  It does seem to be out in the fringe versus in the very strong signal areas, but I am not positive on that as I have had limited time in the strong areas.

I can't remember the OP's name, but whoever was initial poster this is just part of LTE, you just get variable amounts of uptime before it fals and you have to reboot, recoonect, etc.  Otherwise you can lock it to 3G and it will hold connection.  If you are working with the same place (like connected to game, or vpn) that will stay up and continue to work, but any new connections will fail.

0 Likes