vzwAccess Manager Won't Disconnect!
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

I know this is a switch, with all the folks complaining about too many disconnections but:

I'm online now, writing this,   After I disconnected the access manager - had to close it because the "disconnecting" sign kept going & going & going     asked  "Do you want to close...?"   Yes.    then I had to run Windows Task Manager to finish the sucker off.    but was it realy dead?      NO!     it's still alive!    even now with no visible signs of life!  

I just arbitrarily thought I'd crank up FireFox to see if I was realy offline,  and here I am.   Writing this.    So folks, if you think you're off line you may not be.

After I post this I'm pulling out the modem.  If I'm still online after that it's really spooky.  This box has no built-in modems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: vzwAccess Manager Won't Disconnect!
vwereskisr

i have had same problems, i had to uninstall vzacess manager, then reboot, then reinstall it..then connect, once you connect do not choose to update....i havnt had that problem since....i hope that helps you!!

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

You're right.  I re-installed for other reasons,   and now that you mention it ,  disconnecting hasn't been much of a problem lately.  Thanks.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Correct me if i'm wrong. Are you guys running W7? If so, this is a feature of 7 that allows you to connect without using VZAM. I realize you can do this with other OS systems also, they just made it alot easier with W7.

If you go into your Wireless & Lan settings, make sure it is not set to Connect Automatically. You should not have that problem afterwards. Or, you could simply just not use VZAM, which to me is handicapping yourself. VZAM has some nice features that I use alot.

0 Likes
rtompkins3

Same problem - reinstall fixed.

0 Likes