wrong G
sussertown
Why is my phone spending so much time on 3g instead of 4g.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: wrong G
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is this the Blackberry Storm 2 listed in your profile or a different phone? The Blackberry is a CDMA/3G only phone.

If it is not that phone, perhaps the location you use the phone has something to do with the signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sussertown
Bolt. Colo springs.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Phone set to LTE/CDMA for the network mode?

If I remember correctly, the 4G LTE in Colorado Springs is fairly new.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sussertown

Yes it is

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you're in an LTE area, you can switch it to LTE only and that seems to help it maintain connection without switching back to 3G. At least for me anyways.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Sussertown, 

I understand your concern about the 4G coverage in Colorado Springs with your Thunderbolt. I have reviewed my references and I am not showing any outages in Colorado Springs when it comes the 4G coverage. Are you still having an issue? Please let us know if your phone is still going to 3G, so we can do some troubleshooting. 

You are able to check your coverage at the following link:

http://www.vzw.com/coverage

Your phone may be set to CDMA only, which restricts the 4G from appearing.

You are able to check this by following the steps below.

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Wireless & Networks

Press Mobile Networks

Press Network Mode

Make sure the setting is set to LTE/CDMA

If this setting is already correct, please power your phone off and then back on again, to see if it will then connect to the 4G network.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we are happy to assist you.

Thanks and have a good day!

0 Likes