$200 TARGET GIFT CARD AND NINTENDO SWITCH PROMO
LOVELY6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM VERIZON SINCE SIGNING UP FOR HOME INTERNET SERVICE ABOUT PROMISED $200 TARGET GIFT CARD AND FREE NINTENDO SWITCH. I REALLY HATE I SWITHCHED OVER CAUSE ALL I'VE EXPERIENCED IS PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDING A HIGH MONTHLY BILL. PLEASE ADVISE ON THE HOLD UP FOR THE PROMISED PROMO'S WHICH AREN'T TOLD YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME WHEN YOU FIRST SIGN UP.

1 Solution
Dan_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting a new Nintendo Switch or a choice of a $200.00 Target Gift card or a Chromebook are great incentives for signing up for our 5G or LTE Home Internet and we want to make the process as smooth as possible. There are a few important points of information for these two promotions that will help clear up any confusion.

There was a known issue with these two promotions where the redemption tile was not showing up properly in the My Verizon website or My Verizon app. This issue has been fixed. 

Eligible dates for the 5G Home Plus or LTE Home Plus plan Nintendo Switch promotion are 2/29/24 - 3/31/24.

Eligible dates for the 5G Home Plus or LTE Home Plus $200.00 Target gift card or Chromebook promotion are 2/29/24 - 5/8/24.  

There is a 65-day wait period after activation of your 5G Home Plus or LTE Home Plus service for the promo redemption tile to appear on your My Verizon app or the My Verizon website.

You must remain on the 5G Home Plus or LTE Home Plus plans to be eligible for the promotions.

For both promotions, once the 65-day waiting period has passed, you will have 60 days to claim/redeem your promotion. After the 60 days, the promotions are no longer eligible to be redeemed.

To redeem the Nintendo Switch, sign in to My Verizon. Navigate to the My Verizon account page. Click on Get Nintendo Switch, on us redemption tile under "Make the Most of Your Plans". Review and accept the Terms & Conditions by checking the box, and click Claim Offer. You’ll be taken to your cart where the discount is applied to the Nintendo Switch and you can input shipping information and submit the order.

To redeem your $200.00 Target gift card or the Chromebook, sign in to My Verizon. Navigate to the My Verizon account page. Click on Your Home Offer is ready. Redeem by XX.XX. Make the choice between the Target gift card or the Chromebook.

• If you choose the Target gift card, review and accept the Terms & Conditions by checking the box and submit under the Target gift card tile. You’ll be taken to the Blackhawk website to complete the order of your gift card.
  • If you choose the Chromebook, review the terms and conditions and select Claim Offer. You’ll be taken to the Samsung website to complete the purchase. No discount code is needed.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Customers who previously attempted redemption should clear their cache, relaunch their browser and revisit My Verizon website or the My Verizon App to redeem the reward
  • Customers who were sent a code and no longer see a promo tile in My Verizon website or the My Verizon App should use that code to manually redeem the reward

If you have any problems with the redemption process after the 65 day, please let us know and we’d be more than happy to help you with your redemption.We also have this FAQ with more information on redeeming  5G/LTE Home and Home Plus offer FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/support/5g-home-offer-faqs/.

View solution in original post

336 Replies
Fedup19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never got my target card.  Sick of calling and calling and message on this app.  They tell me to wait 7 more business days after already waiting 2 weeks from the first time calling.  Then I get a private message from Verizon asking what I’m waiting for 7 days for but can’t reply because you apparently can only send 1 private message in a time frame so I can’t even reply to customer support.  I want out I’m sick of this 

0 Likes
Fedup19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is my target gift card????? I’ve been dealing with you retards for weeks now.  So sick of wasting my time!!!! We should all cancel our services everyone having this issue.  This company thinks they can walk over us and not stand behind their promises 

0 Likes
DAY7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else having trouble redeeming their promo to receive the Nintendo Switch and Target gift card? I have tried numerous times and have had no success. I even contact customer service through chat, and they were clueless about how to help me. I have clicked on the Nintendo Switch and Target gift card tile and it will not give me an option to get the Switch nor gift card.  If anyone had success, please tell me how you redeemed it? I am trying to get it done asap, so I can give it to my daughter for her birthday.  This really is not a good look for Verizon. They need to get this issue fixed asap.

iicon773
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing, once i clicked the redeem the 200 gift card, the switch tile disappeared. the target card code card was invalid, got conned out of  $210.00  so far for bad home internet.  3  bills in 65 days totaling 210. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iicon773, we are concerned to read about your promotion experience. After logging out and back in, is the tile for redemption still missing? Did you receive a redemption email that could be used to complete the redemption process? 

-Andi

0 Likes
iicon773
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything is fixed, the great people  that work for verizons twitter page solved my issues. 

0 Likes
Killusoftlee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you help me?? I’ve got the switch on the way how do I now get my gift card?

0 Likes
Omunique8
Enthusiast - Level 1

What did you have to do 👀??? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We had some issues with the redemption tiles disappearing, but the issue has been resolved. Please try clearing your cookies/cache and try redeeming again on the My Verizon app or website. Please let us know if you have any problems.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Ryan67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue. Received the email to redeem, but there’s nothing in my app. I’m hoping customer service can help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having these difficulties, Ryan. We can help. What services did you start? When did you start service? Have you attempted to access My Verizon from a web browser?-Joe

0 Likes
Chrisllaca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Was supposed to be able to redeem the switch and $200 target gift card on 05/09 and the redeem buttons are now missing from my app and web browser account page.  No email or anything. Been waiting for 2 months to redeem and now we can’t? This is upsetting.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Chrisllaca. Ensuring you receive your promotion is a must. Let's work together to ensure this happens. Please tell us more. Which service did you sign up for to qualify for the promotion in question?

-Natasha

0 Likes
Chrisllaca
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 5G home internet. The emails have now arrived but the redeem tiles are still missing. Called customer support this morning and they said they’ll have to escalate the issue to figure it out. 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Chrisllaca. We know how frustrating this can be for you.  It frustrates us too when this kind of thing happens, as we all want you to be able to get those rewards. We have found that there’s been an issue with some customers being unable to claim the offers and working to get things corrected as quickly as we can. Please wait 5-7 business days and try to redeem the reward again. Let us know if you have additional Verizon questions we can answer for your here.

-Deb

0 Likes
Killusoftlee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Literally everyone. I’m beginning to think they are trying to renege on this offer. There are tons of complaints

Nope45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same. I was sent the order now option of getting the gift card or the Nintendo switche. I picked the Nintendo switch. Order was placed on May 20th and said it would take about 5 business days. Surprise surprise it's now Jun 5th and it's still saying order has been placed. When I chatted with the online customer chat it said my order has been delayed.  So I'm guessing they don't want to Fallow through on their promotion. This is false advertising and I feel lawyers might need to get involved.

0 Likes
KatherineM89

I had the same promo supposed to redeem today and it's gone. It was there an hour ago. I fell asleep, woke up just now and it's not there. I don't know what to do. Th promo was the entire reason I signed up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, KatherineM89. Ensuring you receive your promotion is a must. Help is here. Just to cofirm, which service did you sign up for to qualify for the promotion in question?

-Natasha

0 Likes

It was the home plus service. The promo was the switch plus Chromebook or target giftcard.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, KatherineM89. I have sent you a Private Message for assistance. 

-Natasha

0 Likes