5G Home Internet coverage info seems wrong - nearby, unobstructed homes show LTE only
jhs_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since Vz installed 5G antennas on a lightpost just 5 houses down from my house a year ago, I've looked forward to signing up for 5G Home Internet. I can see the antennas from my living room window, yet every time I check if we have coverage it shows us only getting LTE home internet. Today I decided to check other homes in the neighborhood. Of course, houses neighboring the antennas have 5G coverage, but the weird thing is that a couple homes right across the street show LTE only.  My neighbor across the street is LTE only, but the houses behind him, that are FARTHER away, show 5G coverage. I'm in a similar position where, again, I can see the antennas from my living room except for a handful of leaves in the summer, but I only get LTE, while other houses, further away and, with trees and tall houses in between, show 5G internet.

I suspect Verizon could get a lot more 5G home internet customers by updating their coverage maps, and I invite them to start in my neighborhood where we have two pole mounted sites that I know of. Meanwhile, I don't have a 5G phone yet, but is there a way I could test my 5G coverage or get the data updated so I can sign up?

0 Likes
4 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, V, I'm glad to hear that you're excited about 5G Home services and that you're seeing coverage in your neighborhood. You can check availability here: https://www.verizon.com/5g/home and enter your contact details so we will let you know when services are available for your particular address.

-Lauren

0 Likes
jhs_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, but that didn't help.

Someone in Verizon marketing and/or engineering need to look at this map because there are several homes in our neighborhood that must have 5G Home Internet service but the Verizon website is telling them they have LTE only. I understand that this is running at 28 or 39 GHz, fairly short range and directional, but the Verizon map is showing unobstructed homes within about 150 feet as LTE only.  Also, it shows homes further away as supporting 5G Home Internet. My home is line of site in-line with one of the antenna array blocks, so I think we should be getting 5G Home Internet but the website still shows us as LTE only.

Please pass along the map to someone who can verify if this is really how Verizon intended 5G Home Internet coverage to work.

Bing_map_original_labelled.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank your for your feedback! It is valuable to us and always taken into consideration. Please send us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look and check the information on our end. 

~Maria

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, courtesy follow up regarding your 5G Home Internet coverage dilemma. We want to offer the support you need. We sent out a Private Note, please review at your best convenience.

~Gilbert