Address no longer available for Verizon Home Services
Bryanfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our address showed availability for 5G Home Internet 2-3 months ago. I went as far as placing everything in my cart during the order process. Then decided to wait and do some additional research, as we typically only get LTE on our phones  inside our home and I wasn’t sure how that would work.

I went online to look into it again today and now it says  Verizon Home Services isn’t available at my address. 

Why would the status change?  Is Verizon fine tuning the coverage areas or are they limiting subscriptions? 

Labels (1)
8 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that it's no longer available in your area. There's a certain number of slots in any particular area and once those are filled the option to sign up is taken way until more slots open up. Please check back periodically for more availability.

~Jesse

Customer601

What about if you were already an internet customer and had a “slot” and were receiving internet connections then after two years, your address is no longer available to receive the internet service? Router no longer connects and unable to get it back due to the service “not available in your area”. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Customer601. We are glad you have reached out about getting set up with the Verizon Wireless Home Internet again. You are correct "slots" are limited to the available signal in an area and we continue to monitor users and coverage, ensuring we can add more in the future. We recommend signing up at https://www.verizon.com/5g/  so when it is available in your area, you will be the first to know.

-Deb

0 Likes
martic

I have the same issue as the post above. I’ve had Verizon home Internet service since July and today it just stopped working, The router disappeared from my account and now the app says it’s not available at my address. Does this mean that I had a “slot” and Verizon just randomly took it away?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

martic, that's definitely strange, and we want to figure out what's going on. We're going to send you a Private Message so we can gather more details.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Hm5yrs
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would have been nice to be told instead of just made to feel like a fool on customer service instead of just being told the truth when I said it was available weeks ago and now it’s not 

LeafyLapwing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, I just spent a long time chatting with a customer service rep asking them repeatedly why it wasn't available in my area anymore and all they could tell me was "it's not available" and to join the waitlist. I even asked them if there were limited towers or something like that and they basically ignored the question and wouldn't give me a reason why it changed.

It's really annoying that I had to come here to find what should have been a very quick and simple answer but it seems like they don't want to advertise it as a limited feature for some reason, which is weird because if I had known that there were limited spots I would have jumped on this months ago

0 Likes
emceekap

My address is doing the same. I have had Verizon internet for almost a year and the last 2 months the speed dropped off dramatically. I thought maybe it was due to an old router. So I called up and they said they would send out a new router. I installed the new router and am getting even slower service then before with the old box. When I spoke to the Verizon agent he said that the internet service isn’t available at the I am at but I have been a customer and had good service for a good amount of time. This is ridiculous and totally not fair at all!!! 

0 Likes