Home Internet
Jonathonu

I get 5G UW on my cell at home so why can’t an exception be made for me to be able to get the the 5G home Internet at my address also because I currently have my cell service with Verizon and home Internet through T-Mobile and in the Verizon app I’d get a discount for having my home Internet service with Verizon as I’m already a customer for phone and watch service through them. I spoke with a rep from Verizon today to see about making this exception and was told that the home Internet runs off different towers then the cell service which I know not to be true because they also like T-Mobile say that the home Internet service is specific to your address but when I first had T-Mobile home Internet service, I used a different address that was a block away from my current home address where service was available and just had the service at my home address and they said that you wouldn’t be able to do that, and that’s not true but now T-Mobile’s home Internet service is available at my current address so I no longer do not have to use a different address to get the service. The bottom line is that Verizon’s 5G UW is three times faster at my home address then T-Mobile or Cox Communications, so why not make an exception for a current customer and let all the money go into your pockets for a current customer?

0 Likes
1 Solution
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon 5G Home service runs on the same towers as your cell phone, as you suspect. It's possible Verizon just enabled 5G UW Service in your area and they're not ready to sell Home Internet, or Verizon already has a lot of customers signed up for 5G Home and your area is deemed "At capacity" in order to maintain a certain service level. It's hard to say.

Verizon likes to see areas getting 300-400Mbps on the 5G Wireless service before selling 5G Home. If you're getting 100-200Mbps as numbers, there might be capacity limits or signal limits.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon 5G Home service runs on the same towers as your cell phone, as you suspect. It's possible Verizon just enabled 5G UW Service in your area and they're not ready to sell Home Internet, or Verizon already has a lot of customers signed up for 5G Home and your area is deemed "At capacity" in order to maintain a certain service level. It's hard to say.

Verizon likes to see areas getting 300-400Mbps on the 5G Wireless service before selling 5G Home. If you're getting 100-200Mbps as numbers, there might be capacity limits or signal limits.