Placing the 5G Gateway on a Table
Bookman2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

We're considering upgrading to the 5G home internet service. I've watched some videos demonstrating the installation process. I don't think attaching the gateway to the window will work for us, since we have heavy blinds on all windows. And I'm not comfortable drilling into the wall to attach the platform. Is it feasable to set up the Gateway on a table right next to the wall with direct line-of-sight to the cell tower?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Placing the 5G Gateway on a Table
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The C-Band service should be fine if the router is placed on a table. In some instances, especially with e-Glass, placing the router too close to the window can be detrimental due to reflection. The signal will have a better time going through timber than e-Glass in that case. Try it and see how the service works for you. If you see the full speed (300Mbps/20Mbps) you're paying for, you're probably good.

View solution in original post

Re: Placing the 5G Gateway on a Table
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The C-Band service should be fine if the router is placed on a table. In some instances, especially with e-Glass, placing the router too close to the window can be detrimental due to reflection. The signal will have a better time going through timber than e-Glass in that case. Try it and see how the service works for you. If you see the full speed (300Mbps/20Mbps) you're paying for, you're probably good.