Steam seems to be blocked or severely throttled
johnbrown1992
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the 5G Home Internet network blocking Steam downloads?
I just bought a game from Steam, and the download (~50gb) is stuck at 0b/s even though all the other network traffic seems to be going through fine. A speed test is showing 200-300MB/s. Most Steam activity is working except for this large download. Steam isn't reporting any outages.

Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Steam seems to be blocked or severely throttled
johnbrown1992
Enthusiast - Level 2

Must have been a transitory issue. Probably something on Steam's side, as downloads are running plenty fast now.

View solution in original post

johnbrown1992
Enthusiast - Level 2

A much smaller download of a game update (23MB) will also not make any progress.

0 Likes
johnbrown1992
Enthusiast - Level 2

Must have been a transitory issue. Probably something on Steam's side, as downloads are running plenty fast now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, my name is Adriana, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help!
It will be my pleasure to assist you today, please feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions or concerns you need assistance with.

>Adriana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, my name is Adriana, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help!
It will be my pleasure to assist you today, please feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions or concerns you need assistance with.

>Adriana

0 Likes