Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update Failure
ascottallison
Enthusiast - Level 2

I subscribed to 5G Home Internet 2 months ago and since then the ASK-NCQ1338 gateway has remained on the firmware that it shipped with, even though an update came out over 2 weeks ago (222146). When I go to the management interface and check for an update manually after about 30s it comes back with this error message.  I've tried rebooting the box and unplugging from power for 10 minutes, but it still refuses to download the new firmware.  

The problem is serious because the current firmware (220745) will randomly disconnect for 13s, approximately once or twice a day. I know there's lots of other customers in the same position as I am.  

Please escalate. We need a resolution and a timeline.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update Failure
Frank1949
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this problem since the day I received the device last summer. Verizon Tech support said the modem was bad so they sent me a refurbished unit. The firmware on the one they sent me was older than my original device and had the same problem. I switched back to the original modem since I needed the IP Passthrough feature that is not available in the older firmware. I still cannot update to the latest version.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update Failure
Frank1949
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW Verizon did make some adjustments on their end which seems to have stopped the frequent random internet connections dropouts and resultant IP changes

0 Likes