5G Home Internet Download speeds
finnertyg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am new to the Verizon 5G Home Internet. I picked it up today after plenty of research and determining that it was worth $35 to test out. After a couple of hours of trying to set up the system because I had to find the right location, I ran a speed test and I am only getting 11 download speeds and 20 upload speeds. The 5G Home Internet Plus boasts speeds of 300 mbps to 1000 mbps.

So I guess my question is, what is going on with these speeds? My regular data runs faster than this.

0 Likes
Re: 5G Home Internet Download speeds
norcalmotocross
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same problem. Just got it today. I have tried every window in the house. I can’t get more than 3mbs download speed. It’s basically useless.

I get between 2 and 4 bars on my Verizon iPhone. I probably should have just run speed tests on phone before buying. 

I don’t recommend it at all

AlisoViejoGuy

I am very disappointed to the point of calling this false advertising by Verizon. After my initial installation, I was getting functional but highly fluctuating download speeds of about 45-150 Mbps, still below the 85-300 Mbps promised. However, at about 30 days in, the wheels fell off and I went from the 45-150 to consistently under 5 Mbps and sometimes below 1 Mbps. It was a slow drop until the bottom fell out. Calling customer service is somewhat of a joke. All they got is turning it off and then back on, or a factory reset. As a Verizon customer (in Aliso Viejo CA) going on twenty years now, this product is a big miss and more trouble than it is worth. Given that the Verizon tower is just down the street, I was hopeful that this would be a good solution coming over from AT&T U-verse -  but I was very wrong. I honestly think there are serious and systemic problems with Verizon's 5G network and service as they just seem puzzled on every call. Follow-up is non-existent and the off-shore call center is well... the off-shore call center. After high hopes, I called Cox.net last night and am reconnecting the cord. Yes, it will cost more, but unfortunately, I have concluded that Verizon is NOT ready for prime time - too bad.

0 Likes
AlisoViejoGuy

Update: As of last night, the network speed appears to be back to its previous performance. I will continue to monitor it to see if this continues into the work week. Someone on a local community social media thread mentioned that the towers may have had an issue this past week. If that were the case, it would have been helpful to have been proactively made aware, versus needing to call support. Still holding out judgment, but encouraging.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry for the issues you're encountering. We would love to check this further. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to see if the issue gets resolved? 

~Ivone

0 Likes