5G Home Internet Speeds
demoleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting about 300 mps download speed for my new 5G home internet.  But when I do a speed test on my iPhone 13 Pro Max standing right next to the Verizon cube I get north of 500mbs.  (Just ran it and got 659 mbs) What gives?  Now at @25/month 300mbs is probably going to work (I am testing it for a month) but I was very excited when I saw the UW next to the 5G on my phone and ran a speed test.  Seems the cube should be at least as fast as my phone?

Re: 5G Home Internet Speeds
Maxpilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same concern. I can see the cell tower from my window and have a strong signal on my iPhone and show 5Guw, I get over 700mbps when running speed test on my phone, but my 5G Home internet maxes out at 315mbps. I think Verizon is throttling the speed. So I contacted a rep, and asked if going to 5G Home plus would be faster, and they said yes. So I upgraded to 5G Home Plus. After I rebooted the gateway, I still only have 315mbps down and only 15mbps up. This will not work for me.

INFLUENCER
Enthusiast - Level 1

October 10, 2022 Verizon 5G Home Internet box was received & tested by a techie with 40+ years of skills. Here are the results:
1. Fastest download speed: LESS than 2Mbps
2. Moved device around a 2050sf home, no better results
3. Oct. 11, 2022 phoned 800-922-0204 to return device. Impossible to get anyone on the phone.
4. Did online chat. After 34 minutes, agent said I would receive a prepaid return shipping label BUT should also return the device to a Verizon Store. How do you return 1 item 2 different ways?
BOTTOM LINE: I'll likely waste more time trying to get rid of the 6" white paperweight.
P.S. I tested T-Mobile 5G Home box and it delivered 449Mbps of download speed.

dragonmatrix

Same problem here. I have 5Guw on my phone and getting 700mbps+ down but on my Verizon home internet it will burst to 100mbps then drop to below 70mbps. All in the exact same location.

0 Likes
jonwitte5g
Enthusiast - Level 1

the cube is not ultrawideband as far as I know, it uses cband 5G which maxes around 300

Gunn223

I just got my 5G home last week. Been testing it along side my spectrum because they wouldn’t cancel until the end of the month. Spectrum download speeds are 240mbps on my PS4 and 5G home is anywhere from 25-50mbps. I am not happy with this and will be calling Verizon as I see this is not the first issue. 

0 Likes
washman73
Enthusiast - Level 1

My speed was originally 300mb/s down. Now only 75 at best.

0 Likes
mklein511
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same questions when I got the service.    When troubleshooting today, a rep from Verizon told me you can only get the higher speeds with the gateway that attaches to the windows or wall.   I was never given that option, but I will consider upgrading 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies, we want to make sure this gets corrected as soon as possible. 

Please, send us a Private note. We'll be happy to assist.

>Alex'

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to ensure we always get you taken care of. Please let us know if you ever need assistance. We will reach out to us via a Private Note!

*Jorge

0 Likes