5G Home internet gets you ban from facebook, ebay, espn+, and bally's
dashleypost
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up and installed the 5G home internet ultra-wide band internet service about three weeks ago. Its fast, its easy, but it randomly gives you IP addresses that caused Facebook and eBay to block me and lock my accounts.  

I spent so many hours on tech support, but they don't even know how to fix it.

The issue is that sites like FB and eBay, or any site worried about fraud, use your IP address to look up what city the IP address is assigned to.  And they flag users that log in outside of their home city, especially flagged if they log in from several different cities 1000 miles apart within hours on the same day.

Right now,  I'm home in Dallas but my Verizon 5G Home Internet IP address says I'm in NYC, New York.  

This sux.  All my trustworthy sites think I'm shady because my geo IP look on 5G Home Internet Service said I was in Kanas, Austin, NYC, and South Carolina in the same day and all within 6 hours.  

eBay said they created a developer ticket to fix the issue, but Facebook still has me blocked and said they have the security team looking in to it, ugh!!@!@!

Don't get this service if you want "Home" internet.

0 Likes
Re: 5G Home internet gets you ban from facebook, ebay, espn+, and bally's
dashleypost
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens when I try to watch hockey on Bally's app/site but I'm not sure what streaming service this poster is talking about.  It's the same geo IP Lookup validation issue I have with FB Marketplace, eBay, and so on...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/5G/Verizon-changes-my-IP-address-and-my-live-stream-tv-disconnects/...

0 Likes