Re: 5G Internet Gateway Keeps Disconnecting
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

@FlyingSpamo I'm in Chicago too in Lakeview.  Have very strong signal but very intermittent coverage and now speeds are slower (when it's not completely offline).  How do I access the router history logs?  My device is ASK-NCQ1338  Firmware is 314322

0 Likes
KrutschCom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Log into your Verizon 5G Router, go to System Settings, then History Log. In the dropdown, select Local Configuration and look for these lines (shown below).

Everyone is an outage. I am hardly using the system today, yet I've been knocked offline 3 times since 3AM (I wasn't even here).

No one at Verizon seems to know about or care about this issue.

Mar 26, 202213:30:45Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 26, 202210:15:47Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 26, 202203:37:12Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 25, 202220:43:12Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 25, 202214:49:27Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 25, 202212:34:02Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 25, 202205:52:00Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 25, 202204:29:13Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Loki86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's my log. The constant disconnects have seemed to be resolved. The disconnects shown on the 18th were pretty much a daily thing for a month. And then turned to about once a day or so. Firmware hasn't been updated since Feb 16th. So now I'm not totally sure it was the firmware. But life has gotten better this week without constantly worrying about if I can make it through a single TV show without losing service. Might just be a wait it out thing or Verizon tinkering with stuff on their end that's helping. Idk. 

Mar 25, 2022 04:06:42 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 23, 2022 02:11:08 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 22, 2022 06:26:40 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 21, 2022 15:18:00 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 23:41:14 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 23:11:43 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 05:18:49 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 02:08:11 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 00:21:16 Router: 03/18/2022 @ 00:21AM PDT Remote Initiated Reboot by MTBR

Mar 18, 2022 00:21:13 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 00:17:46 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed

Mar 18, 2022 00:15:38 Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times

vman10809
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I haven't used the Verizon 5g at all for the past week, and going to try it tonight Sat thru tomorrow and see what happens although I don't hold out hope because its already disconnected once literally 3mins after I reconnected to it, and required a power cycle as its been on the whole time just not in use.  I am not able to access the logs @KrutschCom , do you have the cube gateway or the window mount as I believe the admin gui's are different. I have the cube and there is no "system settings" option that I can find.  I will update again after the weekend if it starts working correctly or I hear back from Verizon but not holding my breath. 

0 Likes
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vman10809 I spent another 50 minutes on the phone today with VZW tech support.  Bottom line -- they have no idea what's causing this, but my device (the white cube, not the window-mounted) behaves similarly to yours.   It connects for a few minutes, then disconnects, then I reset, then repeat.  So I've given up on it for now.  They are sending me a new device but given the experience of others on here I am guessing that isn't the problem, although I will try it.  I haven't really used it all today because it just doesn't work.  It has a solid white light but no connectivity.  On the upside, it makes a lovely contemporary decorative accent piece in my home. 🙂  @vzw_customer_support 

vman10809
Enthusiast - Level 3

@illinoisvzw  Yes indeed it is indeed a handsome modern cube if it would just work!!  Been there done that, I was sent another cube, which I suspect was refurbished or a return because it was shipped literally in a shipping box with just the cube with some bubble pack around it, not in a brand new box like the first one.  Anyway with cautious hopes I set it up and it worked for awhile and then started the same disconnect behavior as the first one, solid white light but all devices had no internet connectivity.  I have to believe the issue is either the gateways themselves or a software or provisioning issue because it simply makes no sense the white light stays solid if it indeed has no connectivity.   Since I reconnected it tonight it has been stable, and I suspect it will be throughout the night until cellular traffic gets heavier tomorrow late afternoon which has been the usual pattern and into the evenings rendering it unusable. @vzw_customer_support 

KrutschCom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the window mount box, so your admin pages might differ.

.@vzw_customer_support here are my two outages, already this morning.

Mar 28, 202209:39:39Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
Mar 28, 202208:38:22Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Couple of things here, since misery loves company:   I've always tagged @vzw_customer_support but they messaged me privately and said that no one at VZW who reads this board is able to resolve 5G issues.  They told me to call a phone number for that, 800-922-0204.  When I call that number, I typically wait on hold 10 minutes to reach a live person, another 10 minutes for them to realize that they can't solve my problem, and then another 10 minutes waiting for the second live person, so I am 30 minutes just to get to "Level 2" tech support.   My device -- the cube,  not the window mount -- works very sporadically.  Although the white light is always on solid, it often does not have any internet connectivity, and when it does, speeds are about 25% of what they were when I first got the box.  So odd because for the first week it worked extremely well (350 MBps) and never disconnected.  But then exactly one week after I got it, it disconnected four times in 30 minutes and has never worked consistently since.  I supposedly have a ticket open which they said would take 5 - 10 days to resolve which will eat up the rest of my free trial month.   I think I agree with another poster that there are just too many bugs in this technology and VZW hasn't figured out how to make it work.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.  

0 Likes
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW sent me a new 5G modem today (the cube) and it performed even worse than the original one.  The customer service rep could see that it wasn't connecting so he told me to return the new one and keep the old one.  My wifi service is sporadic and when it does work I'm only getting about 70 MBPs instead of the 250 - 350 that I should be getting.  So I will wait one more day to see if they do anything on my service ticket, and then just cancel.    This whole thing has been just a huge waste of time and very disappointing.  VZW customer service reps seem to care, but there's just nothing they can do except take down the information and hope that someone else fixes it, which so far hasn't happened.