5GUW Home - Bridge Mode for Internet Gateway
mevans704

I have the newly offered 5G UWB Home Internet and it's very impressive. The one shortcoming however is I cannot put the router into bridge mode, so I am behind double-NAT. It seems the device is capable of other modes, as plastered right on the middle of the main screen is "Router Mode."

Are there any plans to support a bridge mode for those of us who have our own routers?

I have already set my router in DMZ mode, but that still breaks some things like Xbox and PS5 being able to talk back to my consoles unsolicited, as well as being able to achieve Open NAT for the XBox Live platform.

0 Likes
Re: 5GUW Home - Bridge Mode for Internet Gateway
telnetdoogie
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's possible.

0 Likes
Speedracer216

As of a few days ago, there's now an option go to bridge mode. I got a firmware update and it was a button on the home screen under where it says it's in router mode. I would screenshot it but I activated it and have no clue how to go back to router mode and now I cannot access the network settings anymore from the Verizon app or a web browser. At least I needed it in bridge mode and I am fine with it for now. It would be nice to know how to get back to router mode. I am currently using my 5g gateway (window mount) strictly as a modem bridge mode providing internet to my asus xt8 router and mesh network. So far so good in the few hours I've been able to be in bridge mode. 

0 Likes
nh5G

Reset it back to factory defaults. Press pin in pinhole for 15 seconds. 

0 Likes
Marquez03

When in Bridge Mode - the network connection keeps dropping.   I perform a factory reset and it seems the Bridge mode is no longer available.   However, you can still continue to set it like a bridge mode, by disable wifi / disable dhcp, on your own router set static IP to 192.168.0.5 with Gateway to 192.168.0.1, standard Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0.   This seems to do the trick, the 5G IG still act as access point but your own router will do the rest.

Although, I still can't get risk of the blue flashing LED, as it is expecting to pair new extender or your phone.

0 Likes
isaacco

I did this and now the gateway is just a brick. Are you using the ASK-NCQ1338FA?

I needed it in bridge mode to connect to a load balancer (TP-Link ER605). Any tips would be very appreciated at this point.

0 Likes