Be Cautious of signing up for 5g Internet
Darkfeonix

5g home internet not as great as Verizon claims. Website says that it would reach my house and I signed up. Tried for 2 days to get it to connect to the router that Verizon provided. Scheduled a tech to come out. Tech couldn't get it to connect, said that you will need to almost see the tower to get it to connect. Tech said that almost 50% of the customers that verizon says it will connect to does not connect. Had to cancel the order and service. But the frustrating thing is verizon is still charging me $10 for a service that they said they could provide, seems like robbery to be say you can provide a service then not be able to follow through and charge for it. When I contacted a sales representative, they said that it was a "industry standard" to not reverse connection fees for a line even though they couldn't provide the service. So I if I was looking at getting this service, make sure you can see the tower. Seems like a not well thought out product for verizon, shame on you.  Won't try any new products again from verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: Be Cautious of signing up for 5g Internet
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

For issues related to 5G Home, please refer to the 5G Home page on the Verizon Fios Community.  

0 Likes