Data SIM card with routable public IP
achovector

Hello,

I really need help. I have a customer who wants to set up Cradlepoint device to use wireless service for one of the security servers at the location. They ordered a wrong SIM card. I need to suggest what to ask so they can purchase the right service.

I need SIM card that can provide 5G  data ONLY and with the routable public static IP address.

Can they update the service on the current SIM card? Should they order a whole new SIM card? What should they ask at Verizon? FYI, this is for security camera server located in Baldwin Park/City of Industry area ( 91746) East of Los Angeles, CA. I am getting very poor signal by the way. I hope you can also confirm if 5G/4G LTE service is available here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Re: Data SIM card with routable public IP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, my name is Adriana, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help!
It will be my pleasure to assist you today, please feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions or concerns you need assistance with.

>Adriana

0 Likes
achovector

I am sorry for the late response. Got tangled up. I will be back into the project where this topic is concerned. The site seems to have very poor 5G/4G connection. I would like to confirm signal quality... If there is ANY service or method that I can have some sort of guaranteed quality, I would like to learn about it and the cost. We have to send video stream OUT over the Internet through 5 G. I need SIM card with routable public static IP with good bandwidth limit. Would love to know what the upload speed is. PLease please let me know. How do I PM you??? 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi achovector,

To send a private note, click the username and then click "send message".  Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.08.57 AM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much! No worries, weak signal strength, we can do some test for your phone on your home, you can also try with a network extender, but we need to do some test

please give us a call to the 1-800-922-0204, we will be happy to help you!

>Trish

0 Likes