Go Unlimited Loyalty--5G?
GirlGenius18

I have had the Go Unlimited Loyalty plan since February of this year.  Where we live, we don't experience much congestion, so the speeds and price are fantastic.

With the new devices (ie, iPhone 12 Pro) coming out with 5G capabilities, I'm wondering if the Go Unlimited Loyalty will work with 5G--does anyone know?  Since it's a loyalty plan, there's next to no information about it on the web.

Xfinity Mobile includes 5G access with their plans, so I'm really hoping Verizon doesn't want me to fork over another $50 for 5G.

0 Likes
Re: Go Unlimited Loyalty--5G?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your plan doesn't have the option for 5G, the phone won't be able to access the 5G network.

The plan specifics should be similar to the regular Go Unlimited Plan FAQs. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have a now old Beyond Unlimited Plan that I've had since last year...I just got the iPhone 12 Pro Max but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my Beyond Unlimited Plan suddenly said "Beyond Unlimited w/5G Ultra Wideband" yet the price was the same. It appears my ordering my iPhone triggered an automatic add of 5G without changing my pricing. When looking at the new bill that came before I received my device it shows that an automatic $10 credit for the 5G add on is applied and no mention of that being temporary. Since I didn't have to do any type of account change agreement (where I accept new charges for a plan change) I think it's safe to assume that I won't be charged anything in the future. Especially since this is a grandfathered plan. I suspected they would want to make me switch to the newer plans (where you lose the free Apple Music in exchange for Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN3 unless you go to the highest plan...which I didn't want because I use my Apple Music daily but maybe only used Disney Plus 3 times during the free year they gave it to us) so this was a pleasant surprise. I think if you had been in a much older grandfathered plan (like the super old unlimited plans that existed before unlimited disappeared for years and then subsequently came back...but so many people held on to them) then you would be forced to a new current plan. I also want to mention that my autistic son is on the plan you are on...he did not get a new phone this time BUT when I look at his plan online it now also says it has 5G service (he has the iPhone 11). 

0 Likes
Sdb155

They removed my Apple Music, claimed I didn’t get it anymore. I tried to tell them it was included in my unlimited plan. Now they charge me 9.99 a month. Told me I needed to upgrade to get it free, I refused. Then they took the Disney bundle alway, now I still pay for Disney but I can’t access it , I have tried to contact Verizon over and over snd they were very rude and Disney just sent me to them and said I was still suppose to have the new bundle free. I am paying for nothing. They just keep demanding to change my plan. 

0 Likes
Kenny_F

So, I have a moto Z4, i purchased the 5G moto Mod and had to call Verizon to have it activated. The phone tech told me i would have to upgrade my plan from Go to Play more.  I did so reluctantly. He could not activate the 5G mod. He passed me to a higher Level Tech. I asked if Go unlimited had 5G support, she said it did. I told her the previous Tech had me change my plan to get 5G. She looked it up and because it did not become active until the next day she kept saying he did not change anything. So after an hour, i told them i had to go because i am at work, they told me they would call the next day at 11:00 am PST. Nothing. No Call, my plan changed and no 5G. I am returning the 5G Moto Mod.

0 Likes
Melissa60515

Honestly, I would not switch plans.

My gut feeling is that the new plans will not benefit me in the long run. 

My 5G phone contract reads, "5G phone on 4G network", and I was specifically told I would not get 5G. But I am (I researched the symbols on my phone). I continuously get pushed to leave my Go Unlimited Loyalty plan. They won't even tell me what the plan has - they don't have that information. I have unlimited everything, and with 5G. My guess is that I might have no data restrictions, so I should get the WiFi, but they will not give it to me unless I jump ship on my plan. 

0 Likes