Home 5G STILL NOT WORKING
SilverFalcon
Enthusiast - Level 1

One month ago, we signed up for Verizon Home 5G as soon as it was available in my area.  Couldn't self-activate on my end and required a service ticket to get going.  After one week, we finally started enjoying the service.  Fast forward to this past weekend and Verizon shut it completely off because I was past the "30-day self activation" window in their system and they expected me to send the gateway back.  What the heck- we were actively using it!
So, multiple calls and a supposedly escalated INC######### service ticket, and not even a single status update.  Last contact was on Monday (it's now Wednesday) and I was told to give it 24-hours.  We are waaaayyyy past that and I still have NO INTERNET due to a mistake on YOUR end after, now 5-days.  
Verizon was able to flip a switch to shut it off, but can't seem to flip it back on.  Total bogus.  I left a competitor to go with you for this service and I am very much regretting it.  Is ANYONE out there that can resolve this ASAP?

Re: Home 5G STILL NOT WORKING
kildarr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar story for me.

I ordered the "plug and play" 5g home internet router.

Spent almost 2 weeks calling in daily.

Turns out that the team that "provisions" the account did not even start working on my account for 2 weeks.

One tech I spent 2 hours troubleshooting with send me a replacement; but then the original started working so I sent it back.

Verizon got the "replacement" unit back and deleted and deactivated my home internet account.

SO I'M BACK TO TRYING TO REACTIVATE IT >>>>>  AGAIN  <<<<<.

I'm a 30 year IT professional,  I know that things go wrong; but this is THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD..

SilverFalcon
Enthusiast - Level 1

For a new service that they're advertising the @%^* out of, you'd think they'd make it a priority.
I'm no IT professional, but I am techie enough to be dangerous and I work for a utility company.  If there was an outage caused by my team, you can guarantee we'd be on it within 24hrs and actively communicating with the affected customers until it's resolved.
Been a Verizon cell phone customer for years and I have multiple lines with them.  There are others that I'm sure would gladly take my business.  Are you even listening, Verizon?!

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

For issues related to 5G Home, please refer to the 5G Home page on the Verizon Fios Community.  

0 Likes