Home Internet - Can't Stream Live TV at Home
jgrindey12
Enthusiast - Level 1

We were very disappointed to find out after changing to Verizon Home Internet that you are unable to stream live TV (Hulu Live and YouTube Live) at home on your home televisions without getting kicked off every few days when Verizon changes their IP address.  When this happens you have to call the provider to give them the new IP address.  So disappointing, I wish someone at the Verizon store would have told me this before I left Cox.  Has anyone found a solution for this issue?  The only solution verizon gave me was to purchase a permanent IP address for $500 or go back to Cox.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: Home Internet - Can't Stream Live TV at Home
tbf23
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same issue - @jgrindey12 - 

Verizon Support- what's the solution?

Mlmes0594
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  Just switched to Verizon because finding a reliable internet carrier in the country is difficult.  Ready to switch carriers as there is no way HULU can continue to allow me local channels without a static address and I'm not a business, nor am I paying an extra $500 for it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to provide reliable service and a great experience. We are concerned to learn you are experiencing issues and would love to help. To better assist you, tell us a little more. Are you getting a specific error message? 

~Maria

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, courtesy follow up regarding your Home Internet dilemma. We want to offer the support you need. We want to be on the same page of the book. Please elaborate, what precisely is going on?

~Gilbert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 👋 We are here to help with Service issues. Send us a message, so we can get started.

~Maria

0 Likes
Meangreene
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  Is there a way to change the gateway to a static IP address?  This is going to become a big issue.

0 Likes
Rickstar62

Has this issue been resolved?  I cannot use my Hulu live. I have Verizon Home Internet as a secondary connection in a Dual WAN Load Balancing configuration. When my main router tries to send a Hulu show start request to the Verizon router, I get a not at home message from Hulu. 

This  is very frustrating

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with watching live TV, we know it's important to have access to the programming you need. In reference to the Home Internet Gateway, static IP addresses are not supported, which can interrupt the ability to watch local programming. 

-Lauren

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!