How is your 5G Home working now?
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

My 5G Home stopped working for ten days.   Then I went out of town for five days, and since I returned home, it is working fine.   I noticed that VZW locked all the threads on here so no one could post to anyone, and then put a link in to the 5G Home Support page, which of course is completely unhelpful since this service outage was apparently caused by a software update from VZW so there is absolutely nothign a customer can do about the service outage. 

@vman10809 @prford @AquamamaJess @5GInternetDoesntWork @LTBinOhio is your problem fixed now?  I'm reluctant to call mine "fixed" since it's only been turned on for 12 hours, but so far so good.  Oddly VZW has NEVER gotten back to me about the status of a support ticket that is now ten days old.  Trying to decide whether to keep this service since I need RELIABLE internet, and so far this has been anything BUT reliable.

Re: How is your 5G Home working now?
ab786
Enthusiast - Level 2

@illinoisvzwI spoke to someone on 04/06 and they did somethings plus made further suggestions on positioning, which led me to a relatively blissful 04/07. Today (04/08) it has already disconnected about 10 times so far 😞 . I just got off the phone with tech support and they looked at it again and tried some things on their side but also ordered a replacement for next week. I have the ask-nq1338 (cube) router. Really hoping something works out since I am getting tired of logging in, going to network/cellular, and cycling the disconnect/connect button (I tried writing a tool to automate that but it didn't work too reliably unfortunately).

0 Likes
vman10809
Enthusiast - Level 3

@illinoisvzw  I actually messaged the so-called moderator about locking those threads which was completely ridiculous imo, and of course was told because that's where somebody in charge wanted them in the 5G home support page instead.   Anyway, I reconnected yesterday around 5PM CST and it worked for about 30 mins and then I had the first drop that required a power cycle toi reconnect. I then just reconnected my Spectrum because one drop at this point is too many.. The firmware has not been updated either as its showing the same version since I got it.  I haven't been contacted by support either. Honestly I already said I would give it one month past the free month, so I may contact support this weekend and see if any update. I honestly believe I won't see an improvement until a software update, unless there is something actually wrong at the tower itself and who knows if they'll even figure that out.   Hopefully if yours is working then maybe your problem is fixed, but I would give it at least few days to make sure. 

illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vman10809 Yeah I'm definitely going to give it a few more days.  I think I have another week on my free period.   My firmware version hasn't changed.   So far (about 24 hours) it's working steadily but we shall see.  It worked steadily for the first week I had it too ... and then it didn't.  I was formerly a software engineer for a major telecom equipment manufacturer (a supplier to VZW) so it's a little annoying being treated like a child when I call them.  I've just given up pursuing that angle.

vman10809
Enthusiast - Level 3

@illinoisvzw  Quick question.. When you were out of town for that week, was your gateway still connected or was it unplugged all that time?   I feel you completely, I'm also a software dev and former IT technician, so yeah I agree the treatment from some of the tech support is if you only knew what I know lol. 

0 Likes
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vman10809 Unplugged for about 4.5 days.  Would it matter much, as long as it was unplugged long enough for the capacitors to discharge (~15 minutes)

0 Likes
FlyingSpamo
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's looking like the issues have resolved for me.

I received the "An update on your 5G Home Internet" email on Thu Mar 31, which read "... we understand that you may be experiencing connectivity issues due to a recent software update on the 5G Internet Gateway. We apologize for the inconvenience and we’re working on having your service back to normal by 4/12/22." I also received a call from Verizon on Mon Apr 4 to check on my status with the outcome of that conversation being to follow up if issues persist after Apr 12.

My device (the window square unit, not cube) was updated on Apr 8 (Firmware Version: 3.33.101.1). I have had no disconnections since and don't see any "Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed" messages in my router log.

0 Likes
illinoisvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

@FlyingSpamo Thanks.  I have the cube, and the firmware version hasn't changed, but it has been working for 3 days now.   (Although it also worked for a week before a two-week outage so I am still not sure I trust them.)

0 Likes
littlesigh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon cons us just like all the rest. I was promised 5G UWB, asked if it ould drop to LTE, Verizon said NO... don't worry, will be great. 2 Weeks after first Cube system failed to make 30mbps. One guy did say maybe it was my box, some boxes are bad he said. So I got a new box and it was working really good, actually got 300mbps once, mostly 150 or better, Then after 3weeks, blah... appears to be on LTE, barley get 80mbps, mostly 5-40. I have not moved the equipment. The signal just went away... like I say a BIG CON! The whole industry is taking advantage of us. I am seriously thinking of going back to COX. After I puke for awhile at the thought. 

Frustrated in AZ.

#verizon #verizon5G #5GUWB #UWB #Gateway

KrutschCom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue. Nothing has changed.

My window box was updated: 2022-04-13T05:42:58 UTC ... with firmware: 3.33.101.1

This afternoon, another outage with the same line in the Local Configuration in the Log file:

Apr 13, 202216:22:17Router: PublicInternetAccess: Try to connect OUD 5 times, but failed
0 Likes