New 5G network effect on hotspot throttling
Floridasurveyor

I currently have an unlimited wireless plan that throttles down the hotspot to 3g after 15Mb.  When Verizon rolls out the 5g network, will I get it, and will the throttle down be to 4g now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New 5G network effect on hotspot throttling
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You'll need a device capable of connecting to the 5g network and Verizon Wireless will have to change the terms of the plan to allow throttling from 5g to 4g.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Floridasurveyor wrote:

I currently have an unlimited wireless plan that throttles down the hotspot to 3g after 15Mb. When Verizon rolls out the 5g network, will I get it, and will the throttle down be to 4g now?

Verizon 5G rollout won't even begin until late this year and only in 5 cites. And it will be a FIXED wireless product not a wireless product and will be separate from their current mobile wireless offerings. Their mobile 5G wireless is closer to 3 years away. So there is no point in even worrying about it now or in the next 1000 days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be equally curious as well Floridasurveyor. Since the network has not launced, yet we are unable to give you an answer. I am confident once the services launch to the public, you will have all the information you need about 5G. Does that make sense? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes