Service Degrading in South Florida. 5G is more like 2G
gixxerhoff750
Enthusiast - Level 2

Service in south Florida seems to slowly (been going on awhile)  going in the wrong direction. First it was data being considerably slower then it used to be but at least usable, now its plain unusable at times with calls dropping regularly. This happens with full reception. So we will have 4 full bars and not be able to send a text or load a web page. There is a spot on my commute that completely disconnects data everytime,  and the only way to get it back is turn off cellular data and turn it back on. Its gotten bad enough we are considering switching to another carrier. This was not the case at all a year ago in any of the places we frequent. Even upgraded to a iphone 12 pro recently hoping it would improve things. Have yet to seem more then 3MBPS on 5G which is slower then it used to be on 4G LTE. 

Before I jump ship, what are you guys doing to improve this?

Re: Service Degrading in South Florida. 5G is more like 2G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want any of our customers to have a negative experience while on our network and sincerely apologize that you are. Just to gain clarity, are you experiencing your issues in the same location or does it happen everywhere you go? If it is n the same location, please provide an address. 

0 Likes
gixxerhoff750
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's everywhere. There are also particular places I frequent where it is clear that it has degraded... meaning speeds use to be great call never dropped and are now so slow it's unusable and dropped calls are the new norm. 

Areas I refer too are Homestead FL, Miami FL, Key Largo FL, and that paticular spot that my data now disconnects every day is US1 at MM106 in Key Largo. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clearing that up. If you are experiencing a lack of service everywhere you go, and others on the network are not, we would definitely need to take a look at the device, as well as the account to ensure that we can narrow down the cause. Please send us a Private Message, so we can help you take a closer look. 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
phrazzld
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just moved to Miami and am experiencing consistently slow, even unusable, cell service. Affects both 5G and LTE. Using an iPhone 12 Pro. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are trying to enjoy it in Miami, the "Magic City". Let's bring the magic back to your service. We sincerely apologize for the delayed response. When did the issue start (did it ever work in Miami)? Aside from moving, any other issues? Aside from slow data, any other problems (calls/texts)? Does this happen in one specific location, or everywhere you go? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
ByronSy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Visiting South Florida (Orlando mostly). Such poor poor pooooooor service verizon worst. I switched from AT&T and am shocked at how bad Verizon is in South Florida.

It is poor EVERYWHERE. Some areas here in middle areas of Orlando are as previous complaints say. It is soooo bad. I have brand new S22 Ultra 5G and I am so P1ssed at service we pay for and cant even touch the internet (despite 4G LTE/5G with mutiple bars). Verizon was supposed to be best. So sad to say it is not. Still customer but now that I know how UNreliable Verizon is when traveling, time to rethink for next year if go back to AT&T or go different service. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ByronSy. We're very sorry to hear about any issues with service that you are experiencing in this area. We certainly want to hep. So that we can see this from your eyes, can you please describe the service related issue that you are experiencing?

-Brett

0 Likes
Jp_5_5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 0 data when connected to 5G on many areas in Miami. Indian Creek and 71st street on miami beach, up to Alton Road, then on 112 near the Airport, also on biscayne point, miami beach, zip codes are 33141, 33166,33140

We have 3 phones and all of them have the same problem, we had to disable 5G , but on 4G service is also degraded

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for providing that information Jp_5_5. We can understand your concerns regarding this matter and we want to help look into this further for you. To confirm, what speeds are you receiving when running a speedtest while connected to our network? You can run any one of your choosing or www.speedtest.net How far away do you have to be before the service improves with 5G?

-Candice

0 Likes