Service
peteramsey
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon you pay for premium services of 5G and 5G ultra, but they do not work well.  Whenever you talk to technical support or go into any store, they suggest turning off 5G and using LTE.  The associates say this is what they do.

So if this is the fix how come we have to pay for 5G but only get LTE if we want it to work properly?  Is this an FCC violation of some sorts?

Re: Service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No FCC Violation to my knowledge, but a rough experience, yes. I'm not sure why the advice is to turn off 5G when there are ways the network can be configured to balance the 5G Phones between 5G and 4G. Not all towers have 5G on them, so perhaps that guidance has some bearing, but turning off 5G also means the phone can't talk over C-Band or UWB when it is available. Even the basic unlimited plans today have access to UWB 5G even though it's not advertised, but it is speed limited to 25Mbps up and down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have reliable service. Please send us a private note, so that we may assist. *Jesse

0 Likes
qdpie43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally understand what you're saying! I've been with them less than a year and am starting to rethink the decision to switch. Everytime my network switches to that I lose my connections and nothing will play or load!! I'm so sick of it.  If I wanted to download everything, I wouldn't have paid for a 5G phone,  but that UW thing is NOT cool at all!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never like to hear that a customer is having issues with service. We can certainly address this with you. Please send us a Private Message with the ZIP Code in which you are currently located. *Brittany

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@smith6612 wrote:

No FCC Violation to my knowledge, but a rough experience, yes. I'm not sure why the advice is to turn off 5G when there are ways the network can be configured to balance the 5G Phones between 5G and 4G. Not all towers have 5G on them, so perhaps that guidance has some bearing, but turning off 5G also means the phone can't talk over C-Band or UWB when it is available. Even the basic unlimited plans today have access to UWB 5G even though it's not advertised, but it is speed limited to 25Mbps up and down.

Personally, I would just purchase an unlocked phone and reuse an active 4G SIM card on plan without the 5G access. And then wait for the 5G network to better dispersed across the entire network. Oh, wait. I already did that. 😁

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.