Using Eufy security camera with Verizon 5G
tfb56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon 5G recently and realized my Eufy security camera only operates on 2.4GHz. I contacted Eufy about it and they confirmed that their products do not support 5GHz wifi but suggested that normally the router could support dual band. Eufy technical support suggested I go to the Verizon router website page and change it into 2.4GHz and the devices are still able to work then in this way.

Any experience or thoughts on this? 

0 Likes
Re: Using Eufy security camera with Verizon 5G
Cang_Household-w
Enthusiast - Level 3

Changing Verizon router's wireless band to exclusively 2.4G will take a heavy toll on other wireless devices' performance. Other faster wireless devices would need to negotiate in a lower speed WiFi version to accommodate the security camera.

Could you screenshot the router's wireless settings? I am not very familiar with the 5G side of the things. You are also welcome to come to the Residential Community to ask the same question. https://forums.verizon.com 

0 Likes
tfb56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted Verizon technical support and the person walked me through how to set up the 2.4G as well as the 5G wifi so my Eufy camera can work on the 2.4G while the other devices in our home work on the 5G. The camera now works. 

BTW- I was very impressed with Verizon technical support person. Best technical support I have ever received for any issue.

0 Likes

I wish I got the same support. They could not help me. They also told me to contact Eufy support. They kept trying me to get the Verizon cameras which I do not want. 

0 Likes