VZ OnePlus 8 - Where is my 5g support?
goldbondx
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I trade in my perfectly good OP7Pro to buy a VZ OnePlus 8 because I was told in March by a VZ store affiliate and by online staff that "5g is around the corner..".

Fast forward to  6 months later, I see 5g in my area, (not the ultrawide) I see Apple getting 5g, Samsung... Where is my 5g support?

Either this gets turned on or I want my money back for false advertising..

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ OnePlus 8 - Where is my 5g support?
goldbondx
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, your VZ call in support has sent me to the store...which sent me back to online support. Still no answer.  This is "unreal"..

0 Likes
goldbondx
Enthusiast - Level 3

sooo..after multiple agents, stores, online...

ONEPLUS 8w will NOT have 5g support until Nov. 20th....even though it was either the first or near first 5g product release by VZ. Meanwhile..Apple, Samsung, LG..all have 5G support no problem.

This is completely false advertising.  If no 5g by Nov 20th, I will be demanding a refund.

goldbondx
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's Nov 16 and 5g has started to show up periodically within a 10-20 mile radius of my house. Outside that, still typically LTE. The issue now is that data gets bound up at times between a local wifi access point and the 5g. I often have to disable data and re-enable to get traffic flowing again.  Combined with missing SMS URL's typically..still NOWHERE near happy with level of service.

0 Likes