Venting: Bill Increasing This Month
kiwikano
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have the Single Smartphone 5GB plan and that's been working for me for five years. I work from home so I don't need that much data and I always have extra rollover data at the end of the month's cycle. Yet when I log into MyVerizon, I get pop ups about upgrading and messages stating that it seems like I use a lot of data so I should consider moving to the unlimited plan...how does that make sense when I always have about 1gb of leftover data at the end of the cycle? I really hate the constant advertising to move up to an unlimited plan. Recently, I got an email saying that my bill will be increasing due to increasing operational costs...and OF COURSE at the end of the notice, it says: "With this change, you may want to consider exploring our 5G Unlimited plans, which offer unlimited calling, text and data at great prices—without worrying about overages." I feel like I'm being penalized for not upgrading. Combined with the Verizon Up rewards going basically going away (the revamp seems awful), horrendous customer service and the number of outages I've experienced lately, Verizon seems to be falling apart. Really sad and frustrating to witness, especially because I remember when they were exceptional and had the best customer service (in my opinion) of all the phone companies. Anyway, just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has gotten the same notice. Also, for those who left another mobile service provider recently, what has your experience been like with Verizon and would you go back to your older provider? Pros and cons? I have been thinking about switching companies but I just don't know who to go with. I had T-Mobile about 10 years ago and their mobile service was terrible at the time but I have heard good things lately...wondering if I should go back or maybe give AT&T or Sprint a try.

Re: Venting: Bill Increasing This Month
Ryan_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat. I feel like my data is being throttled now too. 

I have been talking to neighbors and coworkers to see who they have for service and how reliable it has been for them in my area, I would recommend you do the same before potentially switching to something even worse.

kiwikano
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a good idea. I'd better ask some coworkers and friends about what they recommend.

Also, here's a message I got from them last week after responding on another discussion thread mentioning the bill increase. Same promotional question lol. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 11.46.25 AM.png

Windogalaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes same for us. We have 2 lines on shared data plan so 12$ adjustment. We have been with Verizon a really long time and have only used about 1/10 of the data we've been paying for all that time. Regardless, it seems they could have grandfathered our plan in without the rate increase. This is really disappointing. No appreciation for customer loyalty shown here :,-( We may want to look at different service along with a few others of you.