Verizon 5G Speeds not nearly what was promised.
Thumpsios

We've had the 5g verizon home internet package for about 2 weeks now and it has yet to surpass 15 MBPS the first day we opened and powered it on it got 50 MBPS for about 4 hours, after that the internet started dropping to speeds of around 25-30, then eventually to 7-15 which is what I am at now, I have moved the little white cube everywhere around the house, and still no luck, I've contacted verizon only to be told to put it in better placement and to unplug it and once again go around my house trying different spots to no avail, one spot got us around 5 mbps more, so we were thankful for the small increase in speed, hoping someone has an idea or tips as to what I could do, I've never really been able to get speeds past 30 MBPS in my area and so when verizon sent the email stating it just recently came in our area and we could get it at speeds stated at 80-300 MBPS I was extremely doubtful even then, anyways, if there is any tips that anyone can share i'd love to hear them

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 5G Speeds not nearly what was promised.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maxing at 50Mbps suggests the modem is on 4G or a 4G provisioned plan. If you log into the router using the information found on the bottom of it, and then visit the System Status pages, does it show whether 4G or 5G is in use?

0 Likes