Verizon - ALLOW USERS TO DISABLE 5G.
mawe
Enthusiast - Level 1

For those who aren't aware, as part of the massive marketing/manipulation campaign revolving around the abysmal "5G" network (often slower than 3G even in NYC), Verizon has gone out of their way to disable every 5G phone's built-in ability to select the preferred network. This functionality has existed on every phone for as long as I can remember.

Meaning, when you have a perfect and super fast signal on 4G LTE, Verizon will still force you to use their worthless 5G !#$^ that takes 60 seconds to load a basic web page, because they are really intent on shoving this abject garbage down everyone's throat in any way possible.

Verizon - there is no acceptable reason to block people from choosing which network works best for them. If this is not ameliorated I intend to cancel my service after being loyal to Verizon for the better part of 20 years. I encourage everyone else having these issues with 5G to do the same. This is absolutely unacceptable for all the money we're charged -- in fact, it's MALICE.

5G being !#%@, OK, but blocking me from using the network that actually works? This needs escalation to whichever morons were responsible for this decision.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon - ALLOW USERS TO DISABLE 5G.
mawe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Spoke with Verizon rep. He denied that Verizon installs its own firmware on phones it sells, "educated" me on why there's nothing to be done and then got in a ridiculous argument about why this is no longer possible on 5G, which bizarrely included him insisting CDMA2000 is not 3G as well as that the 5G "Nationwide" I'm on is not "real 5G" every single time I complained about the 5G not working well and telling me I need to pay MORE money for "UltraWide" to not get worse network performance than 10 years ago. Nonetheless he's very adamant my service is working "to expectations" even though it regularly takes 30 seconds to connect to a website, this is apparently in line with VZW performance expectations in 2022.

First time I ever hung up on a customer support call in my life - don't think I'll be with VZW much longer. Shame what's happened to this company.

0 Likes