What's the point of 5G if it's not going to work??
Arie-panda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, 5G service and paying for 5G access. I have never been more disappointed in an "up and coming, better than ever" technology. When I get 5G on my phone, as is it literally says 5G with however many bars, it doesn't matter if it's all 4, NOTHING LOADS. Music streams skip songs because its not loaded, can't send a single picture via iMessage, Pinterest barely refreshes, videos take forever to load and play, sometimes pausing, Snapchats take forever to send, stories need buffering time.. this is NOT 5G. I expected this slow connection back when we were still on 3G or 4G but honestly I've never had issues connecting to data like I do now with any other data generation as I have been with Verizon's 5G! It's unacceptable, especially considering how much we pay! For years I've been okay with the price, felt like I was receiving premium service for premium price, and that's with living in country-suburbs in South Carolina, but this is unacceptable. I will be switching providers if this is not fixed! How I got 3 out of 4 5G bars and can't load a webpage??? UNACCEPTABLE!

Re: What's the point of 5G if it's not going to work??
Arie-panda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Waiting for Verizon customer service to come "try" to fix something I'm sure they can't fix.. 

Seriously, my phone does not work when connected to 5G anything.. I can't even pull up a darn webpage if I'm not connected to wifi or actual JUST 4G LTE.. I'm increasingly getting more and more frustrated with this service. What good is something that turns my phone unusable when out when it "connects" to a faulty service I can't disconnect from? 

I don't even want 5G at this point! Give me back the option just to subscribe to 4G for like $60 instead of the 5G I pay $90 for just for it to NOT WORK! Literally, my phone might as well be a brick when it connects to 5G which is pretty prevalent right now in my relatively small town area. Sitting at work and needing to connect to the darn guest wifi network on my phone just to use it... 

I've restarted my phone, I've used air plane mode. I shouldn't need to do this 15 times a day or even once daily at all just to connect! I haven't needed to do it for any other phone for any other cell service generation but 5G. And it's not just an Apple issue, my mom has a Pixel and she has the same complaints as me also with your company, and have been for decades! Never have we experienced something like this. 

Either acknowledge the issue and try to do SOMETHING or you're loosing several customers, not that you actually care. 🙄

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Honestly, this is why I haven't switched to a phone capable of the 5G network. Even if I did, I would have continued to use my existing 4G LTE SIM card for the foreseeable future until the 5G network has expanded to overlap most of the existing 4G LTE network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Arie-panda
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know, I have no idea if I'm using my old 4G sim or not. I previously owned a Pixel 3 and purchased my iPhone 12 pro online. It was shipped to me and I remember receiving the 5G sim but I can't remember if that sim was working for me. I know I had a few issues switching sims back and forth between the phones to test what was working but I can't remember which one my number and data was still going to, I have a feeling it was the older 4G sim though. I remember some issues with the activation part but the phone worked with one of the sims at the time so I didn't think much of it then, which was last year I believe. Everything was working perfectly but I don't believe 5G was in my area yet at the time. My issues have become very frustrating and prevalent within the last couple weeks and have only got worse.

If my issue is that I have a 5G phone with a 4G sim then okay, I can see about getting that fixed. I didn't think it should matter but if it does then okay. But for the service sake that better fix it cause right now, it's completely useless. 

0 Likes