Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Activation Fee
JArango225

It’s really ridiculous that even during a pandemic a mega corporation is still just as money hungry as ever. How is it even possible that I can buy a device through you guys and set it up myself with no help from any member of the verizon team and still be charged an activation fee? That’s ridiculous. Greed. One time or not. If you didn’t activate my device why the heck should I pay you as if you did so? Someone make it make sense! 

0 Likes
Re: Activation Fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Congratulations on the purchase of your new phone JArango225. We certainly hope the device is working well for you. Seeing any type of charge on your bill during this time can be upsetting, but we are here to provide some details for you. The activation fee is essentially charged to activate your device onto our network. It's hooking your device up with service from our network. We do understand that situations surrounding the pandemic have made things a bit difficult and we do want to help any way we can. When purchasing the device online, there are usually promotions available that will waive some or all of the charges if we are running a special at that time. Where did you purchase your phone?

0 Likes