Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Android Wear 2.0 Rollout for Urbane 2nd Ed. LTE owners
WESSTA14

First, Google announced that Android Wear 2.0 would be available for the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Ed. LTE, now that the rollout deadline has passed, LG is telling Urbane 2nd Edt. LTE users that Mobile Carriers are responsible for rolling out Android Wear 2.0 to our watches.  Is this information correct? And if so, what is the ETA on the roll out of Android Wear 2.0 for Urbane 2nd Ed. LTE watch owners?

Labels (1)
Re: Android Wear 2.0 Rollout for Urbane 2nd Ed. LTE owners
DaveBackEast

LG also announced it would be available in May, and when I called LG they gave me the same answer - Verizon needs to roll it out. In fact, they told me it had already been delivered to Verizon from LG (I'm not sure I believe anything LG told me, however).

Please Verizon (and LG) - The only reason I bought this watch was because I was committed in writing to get the 2.0 update!

cbalter

I bought this watch as well on the basis that it would be running Wear 2.0.  Some sort of communication letting us know if this watch has or has not been abandoned for future updates would be great. 

stef7

I was just told today by an LG representative that the W200V got 2.0 some time ago. I am on 1.5 and I'm wondering the same thing... When do we get Wear 2.0.

stef7

Unfortunately, I think this LG rep may have been mis-informed. I've contacted LG again, and got a somewhat promising and yet non-committal response.

stef7

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1147861?make=LG&model=LGW...

Yesterday, the AT&T version of the SmartWatch W200A got the OTA Android Wear 2.0. I wonder if this means the W200V will also receive the OTA.

cbalter

That would be great if we could get that update soon!

It looks like the Wear24 isn't being sold anymore on the Verizon site.  I thought that maybe the urbane was getting left behind to focus on that watch but that doesn't seem to be the case.

0 Likes
stef7

Two weeks after AT&T rolled out Android Wear 2.0 to it's customer base, we still do not have any updates on Verizon. Smiley Sad

MrFantastic81

I know the feeling. I went from being mad at LG to being mad at the company that I thought would actually take care of the customers. This is beyond sad.

bwgeiger21

A lot of users think it's LG that's the problem so they'll go buy a NEW watch from Verizon .   Verizon no longer offers any LG smartwatches in my area.    The longer they wait,  the greater the chance that you'll get a new watch from them with 2.0 already on it and they will not have to test/pushout a AW2.0 for LG.   That's the only logic I could think of that would explain this behavior.