Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apple watch Cellular problem
palmiotto04

I spent 1.5 hrs with VZW and 3 hes with Apple last night and my cellular wont activate on my Apple Watch 3.  Its brand new and reads “Pending” on VZW side.   I sidnt pay $400 for a watch and it not work?  What is the problem?  Can someone offer a solution before I call and become very upset?  This was supposed to be a Mothers Day gift!!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Apple watch Cellular problem
JOG0277
Novice

Verizon recently disabled their Integrated calling feature; so cellular service tablets and smartwatches are no longer able to make phone calls as a stand alone device.  See link below for more info.

Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working

0 Likes
ROBMAL11

I have the same problem.  And I gather with all the other threads and one of the more honest verizon tech support reps, this is a trend.  Some Apple Watch Series 3 can't activate cellular and noone appears to know why.  Got the appropriate service (10/mo), did multiple pairing/unpairing, factory resets which I absolutely refuse to do again.  Still nothing.  Has anyone had any luck with this?  Has an actual OS problem been identified?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

Verizon disabled Integrated Calling on ALL CELLULAR SMARTWATCHES & TABLETS. Which means, these devices can no longer make phone calls as a stand alone device. This isn't a software issue it's an issue related to a feature that was suddenly disabled by Verizon.  Verizon disabled this feature in April of 2018; and they've been saying they will enable this feature very soon; Well its July and i'm still waiting.  I have the LG Watch Sport Smartwatch, & I got fed up with waiting for Verizon to solve this issue.  So I bought a SIM Card from T-mobile and I now have my watch connected on that network and I use the Pulse messaging app (download on google play store) to sync my text messages from my Verizon Phone to my watch on t-mobile.  Having my watch on T-mobile costs $15 per month, and yes its an EXTRA BILL.  But its nice to have the Cellular Service & GPS working again on my watch, instead of waiting on Verizon; I suggest you look into doing the same...May be the loss of revenue will force Verizon to solve this problem quickly.

0 Likes