Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apple watch Cellular problem
palmiotto04

I spent 1.5 hrs with VZW and 3 hes with Apple last night and my cellular wont activate on my Apple Watch 3.  Its brand new and reads “Pending” on VZW side.   I sidnt pay $400 for a watch and it not work?  What is the problem?  Can someone offer a solution before I call and become very upset?  This was supposed to be a Mothers Day gift!!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Apple watch Cellular problem
JOG0277
Novice

Verizon recently disabled their Integrated calling feature; so cellular service tablets and smartwatches are no longer able to make phone calls as a stand alone device.  See link below for more info.

Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working

0 Likes
ROBMAL11

I have the same problem.  And I gather with all the other threads and one of the more honest verizon tech support reps, this is a trend.  Some Apple Watch Series 3 can't activate cellular and noone appears to know why.  Got the appropriate service (10/mo), did multiple pairing/unpairing, factory resets which I absolutely refuse to do again.  Still nothing.  Has anyone had any luck with this?  Has an actual OS problem been identified?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

Verizon disabled Integrated Calling on ALL CELLULAR SMARTWATCHES & TABLETS. Which means, these devices can no longer make phone calls as a stand alone device. This isn't a software issue it's an issue related to a feature that was suddenly disabled by Verizon.  Verizon disabled this feature in April of 2018; and they've been saying they will enable this feature very soon; Well its July and i'm still waiting.  I have the LG Watch Sport Smartwatch, & I got fed up with waiting for Verizon to solve this issue.  So I bought a SIM Card from T-mobile and I now have my watch connected on that network and I use the Pulse messaging app (download on google play store) to sync my text messages from my Verizon Phone to my watch on t-mobile.  Having my watch on T-mobile costs $15 per month, and yes its an EXTRA BILL.  But its nice to have the Cellular Service & GPS working again on my watch, instead of waiting on Verizon; I suggest you look into doing the same...May be the loss of revenue will force Verizon to solve this problem quickly.

0 Likes