Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cellhelmet liquid glass
tamaraz

I bought a new phone from Verizon last week. The Verizon store didn't have screen protectors in stock, so they put Cellhelmet liquid glass on instead. I dropped the phone, and the screen cracked. Apparently the Cellhelmet does not really protect the screen, and cannot be removed. I was told to take the phone to someplace called ubreakifix. Is that the correct way to have the screen replaced? I tried Customer Service, and they were not helpful at all.

0 Likes
Re: Cellhelmet liquid glass
jav6
MVP
MVP

@tamaraz wrote:

I bought a new phone from Verizon last week. The Verizon store didn't have screen protectors in stock, so they put Cellhelmet liquid glass on instead. I dropped the phone, and the screen cracked. Apparently the Cellhelmet does not really protect the screen, and cannot be removed. I was told to take the phone to someplace called ubreakifix. Is that the correct way to have the screen replaced? I tried Customer Service, and they were not helpful at all.

I had my phone repaired, quickly and successfully at a UBreakIFix location.  If you have one available, you might contact them for an estimate, assuming you don't have any phone insurance or warranty in effect.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tamaraz

Thank you. I'm new to this area, so don't know where much of anything is, but I will Google it.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I used ubreak I fix when the charging ports died on our old LG's.  They were not cheap but phones were fixed perfect in 3hrs so was better than sending into LG and waiting 3 week.   Like anything check reviews for that location.   The tech told me they are authorized for Samsung and now that we have Samsung phones can go there under warranty and not have to send phones in but so far haven't had any warranty issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no! We're sorry to hear that your phone got damaged, tamaraz. The screen protectors, including the glass, film, or liquid ones will protect against abrasion & scratches, but won't protect against impact. The ubreakifix is a chain of phone repair servicers who will be able to repair a lot of damage scenarios if your phone was not covered by insurance. You may want to check in with your device manufacturer as well, to see if they have a recommended repair process, but after that, ubreakifix is usually a good option. We hope this helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You are very welcome. To also add if you have insurance on your device you can file a claim which will require a deductible to have the screen replaced. Do you have insurance on the device in question? 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Corporate Verizon stores don't sell liquid screen protectors, they sell tempered glass ones. You went to an indirect location. CS didn't help because you effectively contacted the wrong company. You have to deal with Cellular Sales, Victra or whatever the 3rd party store you worked with was.

0 Likes