Delete old messages on Gizmo Watch 2
dougd82
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter has a Gizmo Watch 2. Our neighbor's daughter has a Gizmo Watch 2. The two girls exchange text and voice messages all the time. My daughter received a messages tonight that her memory was full and she could not receive any new messages. 
For the life of me I can figure out how to delete old texts and voice messages off of her watch to free up memory space, other than doing a complete factory reset on her watch.

How do I use the watch or the hub app to deleted the old messages she has received from other Gizmo watch kids in the neighborhood?

* Note- The delete all function on the Gizmo Hub app is NOT the answer. It ONLY deletes messages between the watch and the phone app.  

0 Likes
Re: Delete old messages on Gizmo Watch 2
dougd82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone? Hello?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, dougd82. Does her Gizmo watch have the most recent software update installed? Additionally, when was the Gizmo watch purchased? 

CassieG_VZW

dougd82
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I know the software is up to date. The watch was purchased 1 to 2 years ago I believe? It's the #2 version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that information. Give it a try on the GizmoHub app. Click here for the steps: http://spr.ly/6609ynzFc

0 Likes
dougd82
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I've already pointed out deleting messages via the app only deletes messages between the app and the gizmo watch.

It does not deleted messages on the gizmo between it and another gizmo user.

0 Likes
dougd82
Enthusiast - Level 2

These forums are spectacularly helpful. 🙄

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dougd82, your time is valuable and we want to make sure you receive a resolution. Making sure you are able to free up space on your daughter's Gizmo Watch 2 is important. Let's gather some more details. You will only be able to delete messages from the Gizmo Watch 2 from the GizmoHub app https://vz.to/2UDF8EV. We understand that you have tried this step already and it did not work.

Can you please provide us the steps your daughter is taking when she said a message to her friend https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229651/? How is her friend's contact number (Gizmo Watch) saved on the device? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, dougd82. We want to help you get support with the Gizmo watch issue. We have reviewed all the information we have about this issue, and the only instructions we have found are to delete the messages from the Gizmo Hub. And as you have mentioned before, this only deletes the messages between the parent and the Gizmo watch not from another Gizmo. There are some steps that we could help. For example deleting the contact for the other Gizmo she sends messages to, and then re-adding that contact. Please try this method, and than let us know if this helped. 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
GizmoWatchDad

This doesn’t work.

0 Likes