Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Does Verizon partner with any pet tracking devices?
burnedagain

I live in a Verizon-only cell service area.  I've tried two different pet trackers that use AT&T or T-Mobile towers, and they were just not useable.  Every other device that I have researched is partnered with AT&T.  Am I out of luck?  I see that there once was a device called Tagg that worked off of Verizon towers, but it is no longer supported.

Labels (1)
Re: Does Verizon partner with any pet tracking devices?
stef7

Depending upon the size of the pet, I guess I would look on Amazon for "GPS Tracker" devices. There's a means to track just about everything. If it's a tiny pet like a mouse, bird, turtle, snake ferret, or cat you want to track, maybe one of these devices is not going to work.

If it's a pet pig, large dog, horse or a person, it might work for you. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
PATDOA86

I am having the same issue. I did find one tracker that uses Verizon and am hoping to try it. It is the "Pip" from "Petsimpl" but it is very new on the market and the reviews of the Android app are very poor (I am not sure if the iTunes app has the same issues). My sense is that this product is still very much in the early stages of working out the bugs.

0 Likes
ROBSHA12

so all of these dog GPS trackers that are available, except Pip - none of them will work with my Verizon iPhone 7 ??

PATDOA86

They will work with your Verizon phone. The tracker does not need to use

the same carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) as your phone in order to work.

However you need to be an area where there is coverage for both the tracker

and the phone's carriers. For instance, I am currently using a tracker that

utilizes the AT&T network and my Verizon phone.

0 Likes
AGD1972

I ran into the same issue. However, Verizon dose have a compatible child tracker. It’s called a Gizmo. It is a watch, a phone that can dial up to 10 phone numbers and is a GPS tracker. But I just attached it to my dogs collar and only use the GPS tracking feature and it works great. It is a little overkill but It was under $100 for the Gizmo and only adds $5 a month to our Verizon bill. It has to be charged about every 3 days but I take my dogs collar off every night so I just charge it nightly like I do my phone.

BACK2ACK88

We have the very same issue and are trying the Verizon Gizmo- it’s actually less expensive then the TAGG/ Whistle

0 Likes
BACK2ACK88

Thank you for the advice! Finally a workable solution!

0 Likes
lucymhofu

What is your experience with "workable solution" a year later?