Edit GizmoHub notifications?
TechieParent

I would like to suggest to Verizon that GizmoHub allow users to edit _which_ notifications we receive from our kids' devices.

Does anyone know of a way to change which notifications "get through" ?

For instance: I want to know when my kid sends me a text, however I really _don't_ need/want to know at midnight that his device has finished charging, or halfway through my workday that he's taken 500 steps at school.

PLEASE is there a means to filter which notifications I receive? I have seen that a workaround is to create yourself a lower-level account and set of permissions (like caregiver instead of guardian), but realistically I am the guardian and need other aspects of that level of account within the app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edit GizmoHub notifications?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TechieParent,

We absolutely understand wanting to be able to control which notifications that you receive from the GizmoHub. Help is here. We do have a few questions for you though. Are you using an iPhone or an Android phone? Which version of the GizmoHub app are you using? Tap More, then Tap About and let us know the Version Number. There are certain options that you can disable but others are designed to work no matter what so that you are always aware of your child's activities. 

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mbillmyer

I have this same issue.

I only want notifications of text or phone calls... I dont need to be woken up to be told how many steps the kid did or if the watch is fully charged.  

just phone and text... that is all... 

how do you manage that ?

Iphone, os vers. 13.51

app version 3.9.3 build 122

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand not wanting to be woken up in the middle of the night on how many steps your child has done.Have you tried putting the Gizmo Hub in quiet mode? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229341/ Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Lzawie

Will that also silence calls and texts? I want to hear those!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This step would just silence the Watch itself from making sounds. We will be sure to lift up the feedback for the notification settings. 

0 Likes